Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt Col Stephen Hamilton Dix Leinsters and Northumberland Fusiliers

owen4256

I have managed to track down photographs of most of the officers who served with the Divisional Cyclist Companies in 1914. One which has eluded me to date is S H Dix ,who was awarded an MC whilst commanding the 6th Divisional Cyclist Company. If anyone could point  me in the direction of a photo I would be very grateful. Regards Clive

DIX Stephen Hamilton Lieutenant Colonel MC b India 20th August 1879 Son of Stephen Dix and Annie Hamilton; husband of Ida Mary Dix, of The Court House, Padstow, Cornwall. Educated at Bedford Modern School 1889 to 1892. Commissioned as Second Lieutenant into 5th Battalion, the Royal Munster Fusiliers on the 14th February, 1900. Regular commission in The Prince of Wales's Leinster Regiment (Royal Canadians) on the 26th July 1901.  Lieutenant Stephen Hamilton Dix, from 3rd Battalion the Royal Munster Fusiliers Served South Africa as Assistant Provost-Marshal (Graded for purposes of pay as Staff Captain.) To France as CO 6th Divisional Cyclist Company September 1914. Seconded to the Army Cyclist Corps 18th December 1914.To be acting Lieutenant-Colonel whilst commanding a Battalion 8th March 1917.Killed in Action 4th October 1917 commanding 12/13th Northumberland Fusiliers MC 18th February 1915