Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The 48th Division Corps Attachments

MDPMicahDominicParsons

Hello everyone,

I am currently making the most of The National Archives free downloads and I have been looking at the bigger picture involving The 1/6th Battalion, The Royal Warwickshire Regiment from July 1916 to March 1917. I have recently downloaded all of the war diaries associated with The 143rd Infantry Brigade and all war diaries associated with The 48th Division with my most recent acquisition being The III Corps War Diary.

I was hoping to get some advise first of all on what corps The 48th Division were attached to between July and November 1916 and some further advice on what war diaries associated with The III Corps that anyone would recommend downloading.

I was further hoping to ask some help on what diaries above corps level would be worth downloading which has reference to The III Corps and The 48th Division between December 1916 and March 1917 and also relating to the other corp which The 48th Divison was attached to between July 1916 and November 1916. I feel as though I am totally missing some important documents after my research of these past few days and any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Edited by MicahDominicParsons

19 hours ago, MicahDominicParsons said:

what corps The 48th Division were attached to between July and November 1916

They were moved around a bit, transferring from the Fourth Army to the Reserve Army on 4 July.  There is more information at:

http://www.longlongtrail.co.uk/battles/battles-of-the-western-front-in-france-and-flanders/the-battles-of-the-somme-1916/

Hello Don,

Than you so much for your help. This really does help. I am really hoping to try and get hold of all the war diaries associated with this period and I am a little concerned that I may miss out on one diary.

Thank you again for all your help.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

1 July 1916 - Vlll Corps

15 - 17 July 1916 - X Corps, Reserve Army

23 - 27 July 1916 and 13 -28 August - X Corps to 24 July 1916 the II Corps, Reserve Army.

3 - 11 November 1916 - III Corps, Fourth Army.

13-18 Nov 1916 - III Corps, Fourth Army.

14 March - 5 April III Corps.

TR

Hello Terry,

Thank you so much for your help! I really do appreciate what you have done for me, this information is really useful and I am looking forward to looking at the above diaries over the coming days ahead.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons