Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help Needed- LT A.H Duffey WW1

Elleinad84

just to add a little bit more information on his  experiences in WW1 , there is also mention in the book I previously mentioned “The diary of a forgotten Battalion  “ of November 1917 casualties ,  3 wounded Officers and  “ two sick to hospital  “ .  

2 nd Lt. A.H. Duffey was one of the Officers who was “sick to hospital “ from the 15 th November 1917 until returning to duty on the 20 th November 1917. There was also  Two OR killed, 24 wounded and 70 OR “ sick to hospital ” in November.  

@FROGSMILE thank you for the images of the badges and sharing your knowledge on the battalion. @Toontraveller Thank you for taking the time to look up the war diaries and finding Alfred and bringing his story to life. 

Danielle

1 hour ago, Elleinad84 said:

@FROGSMILE thank you for the images of the badges and sharing your knowledge on the battalion. @Toontraveller Thank you for taking the time to look up the war diaries and finding Alfred and bringing his story to life. 

Danielle

I'm pleased to have contributed just a little.  It's always surprising when such an ostensibly quiet man has an unexpectedly intriguing back story.  He might have been quiet, but he did (more than) his bit and is the sort of fellow I would love to have chatted with over a beer, or lunch.

Edited by FROGSMILE

It is worth your while reading a write up of D Coy, 7th RDF in Irish Times in 2015 - click

And the Book itself that MuseumTom referred to in an earlier post is available on downloads feom various sites (Google "Pals of Suvla Bay")

• 4 weeks later...

No problem at all, glad I could contribute in a small way to the overall picture of his WW1 service for you and your family.