Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Researching Wounded Soldiers

MDPMicahDominicParsons

Hello everyone,

I have hit a bit of a brick wall in my research today. I have been plotting all the battlefield burials of all the men killed in action serving with The 1/6th Battalion, The Royal Warwickshire Regiment and I decided to try and find a potential name for a soldier who was wounded on Sunday 11th March 1917 and I was hoping to request a bit of your help in finding a potential nameof a soldier who may fit in with this time frame.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

• Admin
3 hours ago, MicahDominicParsons said:

Hello everyone,

I have hit a bit of a brick wall in my research today. I have been plotting all the battlefield burials of all the men killed in action serving with The 1/6th Battalion, The Royal Warwickshire Regiment and I decided to try and find a potential name for a soldier who was wounded on Sunday 11th March 1917 and I was hoping to request a bit of your help in finding a potential nameof a soldier who may fit in with this time frame.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Hi Micah, are we to take it that your soldier died? I would start by looking for the war diary from the National Archives, they have been free to download since last year. This will give you an idea of where they were at that date. The long long trail may help you here too. From there go to the CWGC and see if you can find the names of the fallen for around this date. Newspapers from the area may give you something but difficult to find, well for me they are! With luck someone else may see this and have an answer for you. Best wishes, Bob.

Hello Bob,

I have been looking through the records and I believe that the soldier survived, I once found a potential soldier in a newspaper article but I have never been able to find that article since.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons