Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1/4th Yorkshire Regiment

EDWARD1

A soldier of the above regiment died of disease 1st Nov 1918. The battalion was reduced to a training cadre in July 18. He is buried in Terlincthun British Cemetery. A snip of Soldiers Effects is below. Does it refer to L C ( Lines of Communication) and what is the word below France?

4th Yorks Pattison.jpg

Answered my own question .... can see it now its blown up ...Sickness

I have the following on Joseph from my notes

PATTISON JOSEPH RENTON

Lance Corporal JOSEPH RENTON PATTISON
200704 1st/4th Bn Yorkshire Regiment

Joseph died aged 27 of bronco pneumonia and influenza in hospital in France whilst on active service on the 1st November 1918

He was the son of Tom Lye Pattison an ironworks clerk and Mary Ellen Pattison and the husband of Florence E. Pattison (nee Shepherd) of 11 Caxton Street Middlesbrough The couple married in Middlesbrough in 1918
Joseph can be found on the 1911 census residing with his parents and siblings at 26 Pembroke Street Middlesbrough employed as a ironworks clerk

The register of soldiers’ effects list his widow Florence E as the sole legatee of his effects

The claimant of a dependant’s pension is listed as F.E (widow) born 5/2/1894 of 11 Caxton Street Middlesbrough

Born and enlisted Middlesbrough

TERLINCTHUN BRITISH CEMETERY WIMILLE

Note (Terlincthun British Cemetery situated on the coast near Boulogne was used chiefly for burials from the Base Hospitals)

Thanks clk ....I did answer my own question on sickness but I didnt think of L/Cpl which was his rank on his MIC. Thanks RaySearching I do have that information . Where would he have been between July & Nov 18. His parents a buried in the Quaker section of Linthorpe Cemetery and he is mentioned on the headstone.

• 2 months later...

Likewise:

Reference: WO 329/2354
Description:

Army Scripture Readers Society: medal rolls CIV/105A. Pages 1A-4A. British War Medal and Victory Medal.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C7246855