Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cpl woodruff 1st canadian tunnellers

madman

Good afternoon all I recently purchased a ww1 pair to above named man with the service number 501011 he died in 1922 as a result of his time in the tunnels, I have located his papers but one question I have that is prompted by some papers more so a card mentioning a cross being presented I presumed it would be the Canadian memorial cross? Is there a way of finding out if one was issued for him or not as I'm wondering if the ww1 pair is missing a cross I need to keep an eye out for, the above man was born in Blackburn Lancs and possibly had a couple of brothers who where kia ( will get round to looking into that later) so I guess the long winded post is me asking if someone could or could confirm if there should be a memorial cross floating around please, many thanks for reading, all the best 

Looking at his service record on the Library and Archives Canada site, the card at page 13 shows that Plaque, Scroll, and Memorial Cross were sent to his widow. The back of the card (p. 14) is marked with the despatch dates for Scroll and Plaque, and also "C" with a requisition number stamp and date.

Service Record - http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?op=pdf&app=CEF&id=B10558-S046

Edited by regimentalrogue

21 minutes ago, regimentalrogue said:

Looking at his service record on the Library and Archives Canada site, the card at page 13 shows that Plaque, Scroll, and Memorial Cross were sent to his widow. The back of the card (p. 14) is marked with the despatch dates for Scroll and Plaque, and also "C" with a requisition number stamp and date.

Service Record - http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?op=pdf&app=CEF&id=B10558-S046

Ah many thanks I must have scrolled right past that all the best 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...