Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Kiboko Wood Cemetery

MicahDominicParsons

Hello everyone,

I am planning a return trip to France for when the pandemic is over and I was hoping to get some advice. I have an interest in old battlefield cemeteries which were later relocated and I have located a battlefield cemetery which I wish to record in my research, I was wondering how it would be possible to go about doing this? I have been to the location many times and have photographed the area but I seem at a loss of what else I can do to really learn more about this site and it's relation to the battlefield especially with its location in relation to an event which occured on Sunday 4th February 1917.

I have been trying to figure out why many dead were placed there following the aftermath of a raid but from that point forward it was never used again.

I really hope to get some further advice and ideas of how I can further research this location.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

thetrenchrat22

Micah 

the white cross touring atlas of the western battlefields, show the cemetery as no 860 

It would seem that the original cemetery was moved to Assevillers New British Cemetery 

it would be best to contact the CWGC 

Alan 

492668AA-882E-4BDD-891B-460260AC33E3.jpeg

thetrenchrat22

The is another post on this forum and the title of the post is 

La Maisonette Biaches.  Graves help

this mentions Kiboko Cemetery 

MicahDominicParsons

Hello The Trench Rat,

Thank you so much for your help. I have never seen this map before and this has helped me confirm my location of this cemetery. Thank you so much for your help. Was there any further information that accompanied this map?

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons