Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

7Th BTY Green Howards WW2 - Alexandra, Princess of Wales’s Own Yorkshire Regiment - Stanley Coleman

Chris WIlletts

Looking to find more information on my Grandad Stanley Coleman who met my Nana after presenting her the personal items from her Uncles death Ted (John Dimmock) Stanley's best friend. Who was the only person killed from his battalion at Dunkirk. This is the only battle my Grandad missed due to diphtheria. Stanley received two medals for bravery through out his war career.  One medal was received whilst serving as a desert rat, saving Italian prisons from the front line, one handed after the truck became stuck and he was hit with shrapnel in one arm.  Another medal for clearing a house alone in Germany. 

Grandad:  

Stanley Coleman - Truck Driver  (what trucks did he drive?) He wrote Jenny (My Nana's) name on the front of his truck.

Service number # 4392252 

Great uncle: Killed  31/05/1940 

John Edward Dimmock  - Private 

Service # 4392100 

Reading http://70brigade.newmp.org.uk/wiki/GS_Branch_23rd_Division_1940_-_May_28th_to_31st 

Looks like he was  killed at 11:00 

Stanley Coleman on the left - (Ted) John Edward Dimmock on the right. 

Thank you all for your time and efforts, this is brining great happiness to my Nana. 

Stanley Coleman and John Edward Dimmock.JPG

• spof locked this topic