Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Uniform enquiry

BradleyWalker

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows what uniform this? I'm not even sure if it's a ww1 uniform. I think the man is one of my great great grandfather's brothers 

Many thanks

Bradley Walker IMG-20210320-WA0004.jpg.96fb2f566a0160ddcef433245b10932b.jpg

Edited by BradleyWalker

• BradleyWalker changed the title to Uniform enquiry

Hi Bradley. This appears to be a 1930 'Sidcot'' Pattern Flying Suit as used by the Royal Air Force. On first glance it could be mistaken to be the WW1 issue suit this pattern derives from. The image I attach is courtesy of the IWM available with the history of garment at https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30016161 I believe he swearing 1936 Pattern Flying Boots, again, worn by the RAF

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 20.28.51.png

Edited by Gunner 87

41 minutes ago, Gunner 87 said:

Hi Bradley. This appears to be a 1930 'Sidcot'' Pattern Flying Suit as used by the Royal Air Force. On first glance it could be mistaken to be the WW1 issue suit this pattern derives from. The image I attach is courtesy of the IWM available with the history of garment at https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30016161 I believe he swearing 1936 Pattern Flying Boots, again, worn by the RAF

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 20.28.51.png

Thank you for the info. I thought it was an RAF uniform of some sort but not from ww1

3 minutes ago, BradleyWalker said:

Thank you for the info. I thought it was an RAF uniform of some sort but not from ww1

Hi Bradley, do you his name, date and place of birth that may assist confirming if he served?

5 minutes ago, Gunner 87 said:

Hi Bradley, do you his name, date and place of birth that may assist confirming if he served?

Unfortunately, I have no idea who he is, and nor does my great aunt, who sent me the photo. All I know is I think he's one of my great great grandfather's brothers. However, I feel like his brothers may have been too old to serve in the 1930s.