Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

confused by the initials under Rank heading

mcfc1923

under the Rank heading on the Mic it has what appears to be the initials ''c f'' or it could be ''o f'' i expected to see the letters for private.

The mic is pdf so i'm not able to put it on the forum?

any ideas what it could be?

jim

Guest Galatea
under the Rank heading on the Mic it has what appears to be the initials ''c f'' or it could be ''o f'' i expected to see the letters for private.

any ideas what it could be?

jim

You can visit this site and download Screenrip 32 as freeware. It allows you to capture images from PDF files and save them as jpeg or other formats.

http://www.progency.com/other.html

Davie.

Alternatively, use the Graphics Select Tool icon in Adobe Acrobat Reader (on the row of icons at the top) to select (i.e. drag a box around the MIC in question) then copy and paste the image into a graphics package such as Paint Shop Pro etc where you can save it as a Jpeg file.

Marc

I did it, by jove i did it. Big thanks to Mark and Davie and also Steve nulty who kindly offered to convert it for me.

Downloaded the screenrip 32 and for once something worked for me.

cheers guys

jim

could it be ck for cook?

enoch

Thanks Terry and enoch, I know what a cook is, but corporal of horse?, shows how much i know, not heard of that one before, there again, a cook never occured to me.

Also wondered why some mic don't have an entry for theatre of war, and puzzled by what that says next to victory.

cheers pals

jim

Hi Jim,

Pretty sure the scribble is still representing Pte. I know it's a very curly capital P but I have seen several like that previously, trying to loop back up from the bottom of the P to the t. Also, the rest of it follows the shape of Pte. Years of family history research makes you look for shapes of words when the individual letters don't seem to make sense. I'd put money on it being Pte - if I had any.

As for Supp, supplement? Maybe better hope for the attention of one of the more senior/experienced Pals to help with that one.

Cheers,

Stuart

Think i have to agree with you there Stuart, think i let my imagination run away for a moment or two, thought i mite have stumbled on something a little out of the ordinary, recon his pen just ran out of ink, there again ther is the ''supp'', so i still live in hope ;)

Thanks Stuart

jim