Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hull War Memorial 1914-1918

LancastrianBlue

Whilst I was searching the records for William Rudkin, who would have been my uncle (big shout out to @KONDOA, @ororkep, @Pat Atkins and others for their invaluable help), I happened upon a website for the Hull War Memorial 1914-1918. Having once lived in Hull for many years in the 1970s and 1980s, I am very familiar with the Memorial, but never knew that any of my relatives were mentioned. 

It proved to be an excellent research facility and, through it, I found another relative of William's that I hadn't previously known about. When I found William's details on the site, I noticed that two of his siblings were missing from his family's description. One of these was my Mother and the other an Uncle I remember well. I sent a notification, receive an instant response and those two names have now been added.

It is a very informative site, containing a huge amount of information and many photographs of those from Hull that lost their lives in the Great War. If you are researching those from Hull that gave their lives, I recommend visiting https://ww1hull.com

I can also recommend "The Road to Lindi", the story of the 1st Hull Heavy Battery in East Africa and France, written by @KONDOA. I'm only part way through, but enthralled.

Good to hear of your progress. The book although now nearly 8 years old is a work in progress. Families still contact me with new material so I include it where appropriate.