Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

French Cavalryman Diary Fake or not

deutscherinfanteriest

Propaganda IMHO.

Could well be a bit of exaggeration; a single line taken from a diary?

However most of the video seems as good as any other narrative of the early days of the war. 

Peter

Hard to tell in translation, but the language and tone reminded me of the anti-German sensationalism often present in French media at the time.

Thank you everybody for your interest! Well honestly I think the same. Why a man should do that? But if it is fake, why publish in a documentary? It seems so disrespectful for all German soldiers of WW1. Dinant massacre was true but not that

the quote is probably as true as the quote at 45.57 where they speak about a German infantryman being stabbed by a Belgian priest .....

39 minutes ago, cdr said:

the quote is probably as true as the quote at 45.57 where they speak about a German infantryman being stabbed by a Belgian priest .....

indeed

I fully understand the emotion of Deutscherinfanteriest.

But propaganda and excitation of hate is also a part of the  invasion history. The aim of "Apocalypse" documents is also to show the evolution of mentality of soldiers and public opinion.

Henry de Turenne, famous for the quality of his numerous  documentaries on ww1 and 2,  report a declaration of a cavalry man . He don't said that the fact is proved.