Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC Online Non-Commemoration Submission Form?

SteveE

Pals

A couple of weeks or so ago I used the online CWGC non-commemoration submission form to put forward a couple of individuals that I believe have been missed.  Everything seemed to work ok, all fields were entered, files were attached as necessary and the forms submitted.

I appreciate that in these current times a confirmation/denial response will take considerable time but the question I have is what acknowledgement to the original submission should I expect?  Is there an automated response to say the forms have been submitted? Should I have received an email acknowledgement? Does the submission just go into a 'black hole' and hopefully something pops out the other side eventually??

If anybody has any experience of this online submission form could you please tell me what I should be expecting?  I don't want to email CWGC with the query and take up more of their time if the submission either hasn't worked correctly or it has worked correctly and this is how it is....

Regards

Steve

Obviously IFCP does not use this system. I have been informed that this is a trial & there may be problems with the system.

Chris

3 hours ago, chrisharley9 said:

Obviously IFCP does not use this system. I have been informed that this is a trial & there may be problems with the system.

Chris

Many thanks for your response, it's appreciated.  There's nothing on the CWGC website to suggest that it's a trial but at least I now know that this may indeed be an issue and can treat it accordingly.

Steve

I would suggest Steve that you submit your cases through the enquiry system or you can use us at IFCP.

Chris

8 hours ago, chrisharley9 said:

I would suggest Steve that you submit your cases through the enquiry system or you can use us at IFCP.

It was the 11th February when I submitted the details and today, 9th March, I've had an email response from CWGC acknowledging receipt of the submission and confirming that both cases will be put forward for further assessment and adjudication.

It would appear then that the answer to my own question is that no, an automated response to confirm the original online submissions shouldn't be expected but that the details did all go through and an email acknowledgement should be expected when the CWGC staff are able.  I shall now wait patiently for their final adjudications... 

Steve