Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medicine and the Great War: a tentative bibliography

seaJane

Thank you.

I think! :D

You should have a look at "Le Service de Santé 1914-1918" ba Marc Morillon, ISBN  978-2-7587-0116-3, which is about the French medical services.

Despite the French title, the text is in both French and English. I has innumerable photos and drawings of uniforms and equipment.

Thank you: I have just made the decision not to include material not available in English, so something available in both is extra-useful.

Now up to 7th edition, and stopping for a while because I have a few commitments on my plate that I must apply myself to (NB: I am doing this in my own time, so anyone wishing to buy me a drink or send chocolate will be heartily thanked :D).

This latest version includes much RAMC material, courtesy of @petestarling.

The Gillies Archive bibliography is extremely wide-ranging, but it does include some casual errors (for example, the same book appears twice, under both the correct spelling of Macqueen and the incorrect spelling of McQueen) and inconsistencies. I can safely say that: 1. Mine includes much more naval material; 2. The references in mine have all been checked against a catalogue record somewhere; 3. Links to e-copies have been provided where possible. So it's partly a library as well as a bibliography.

Not having much luck with air medical material. Anyone?

sJ

Sea Jane, 

This is a fantastic source!!! Thank you so much!!! 

Just know I'll blame any upcoming book buying on this list... can't wait to get back to my FWW research, once the RP is done!! 

Marilyne

Thank you Marilyne :).

As per the edit to the first post, I am planning to start another thread with the latest (and I hope final, or at least final-ish) version. That's the only reason that I have deleted the version here and asked for the thread to be locked - just to keep things tidier, I hope,

• Michelle Young locked this topic