Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Seconded under paragraphs 112 and 114 of Territorial Force Regulations: What does it mean?

rolt968

Two officers of 5 Black Watch were "seconded under paragraphs 112  and 114 of Territorial Force Regulations" on 19 August 1914 (London Gazette 18 August 1914). Unfortunately it does not say to what they were seconded.

Can anyone tell me what this was about, please?

(One of them was Captain David Wilkie who was on the way to the US when war broke out - on landing he immediately caught the ship back and joined his battalion.)

RM

7 minutes ago, rolt968 said:

Two officers of 5 Black Watch were "seconded under paragraphs 112  and 114 of Territorial Force Regulations" on 19 August 1914 (London Gazette 18 August 1914). Unfortunately it does not say to what they were seconded.

(One of them was Captain David Wilkie who was on the way to the US when war broke out - on landing he immediately caught the ship back and joined his battalion.)

RM

112 is covered here. Looks like it was Ok'd from the top.

Craig

11 minutes ago, rolt968 said:

RM

What's the other man's name ?

Craig

7 minutes ago, ss002d6252 said:

What's the other man's name ?

Craig

Lieutenant Alexander H Wedderburn.

On re-reading I notice I missed a crucial "respectively". (Paragraph 112 - Wilkie. Paragraph 114 - Wedderburn.)

RM

23 minutes ago, ss002d6252 said:

112 is covered here. Looks like it was Ok'd from the top.

Craig

Thanks Craig

I see David Wilkie was "restored to establishment" with effect from 25 September 1914 although it didn't appear in the London Gazette until the LG of 1 January 1915.

RM

On 27/02/2021 at 12:04, ss002d6252 said:

Wedderburn in De 1914 army list.

image.png

Craig

Thanks Craig.

I am working on time line for David Wilkie. The London Gazette alone has taken me a couple of hours. He was commissioned as a Volunteer 2/Lt (just) in March 1907.

RM

Edited by rolt968