Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Frederick William Plunkett

Hi, I have been contacted by a gentleman in Australia asking if I am related to Private Frederick William Plunkett, which as far as I am aware I'm not, but I was hoping someone on here might be able to help him. He is looking for a photograph of Private Plunkett 4274, who was in the 7th Australian Infantry Battalion he died in 1918 and was born in 1895 to Ephraim and Christina Plunkett in Norwich, Norfolk.  (Dereham Rd). Would there be any way to get a photograph of a WWI soldier? 

Thank you in advance for any help you can give I'm sure the gentleman will appreciate it.                

• Admin
Michelle Young

Welcome to the forum. For photos, the best bet is local newspapers, or the Australian War Memorial website. The Australian archives  are free to access and sometimes photos  can be found on the site.

Michelle 

1 hour ago, Lizzie said:

Hi, I have been contacted by a gentleman in Australia asking if I am related to Private Frederick William Plunkett

Hi Lizzie, welcome to the Forum. All of 4274 Private Frederick William Plunketts service records are on the Australian War Memorial website as Michelle suggested but no accompanying photo. Well worth having a look at his records mind you. A cursory glance on Ancestry.co.uk shows 3 family trees with hm and his family listed but again no photographs. Do not give up hope, as someone on the Forum might magic one up from somewhere! Or you might find one yourself. Regards, Bob.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all and thank you Lizzie. I have all of frederick records but would dearly love a photo of frederick if anyone out there could help I would be forever grateful. Thank you in advance Phil Murley 

20201111_205213.jpg

Edited by Phil m