Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Units in Ireland in 1919-1922

mike papa

Hi all,

Seeking information and list of units as per brigade and location in Ireland in 1919-1922.

I know units were replaced and the command structure changed I ideally would like to see list for quarterly location of the units if possible, Any help would be greatfully received.

Regards and Thanks 

17 minutes ago, mike papa said:

Hi all,

Seeking information and list of units as per brigade and location in Ireland in 1919-1922.

I know units were replaced and the command structure changed I ideally would like to see list for quarterly location of the units if possible, Any help would be greatfully received.

Regards and Thanks 

The published Army Lists for those periods should show the location of each battalion annually Stephen.  Forum member @Maureenemight know where they can be accessed online.

Edited by FROGSMILE

14 minutes ago, FROGSMILE said:

The published Army Lists for those periods should show the location of each battalion annually Stephen.  Forum member @Maureenemight know where they can be accessed online.

Thks for that I will message so.

26 minutes ago, mike papa said:

Thks for that I will message so.

She will pick up the post.  The Army Lists were published monthly and quarterly I think, depending upon the publisher (there had been commercial versions, as well as those issued by the War Office, the former being much more comprehensive).  They are available in fold3 and Ancestry.com, but there might be some accessible via the Hathi Trust for free, but I’m unsure.  https://armylists.org.uk/lists.php

Edited by FROGSMILE

The Lists for 1919, both quarterly and monthly,  are readily available and include the National Library of Scotland website given by rflory in the post above.

There are also Quarterly Lists on Archive.org

Details are set out on the FIBIS Fibiwik page  "Military periodicals online", sections "Quarterly Army List", and "Monthly Army List" (which follows)

https://wiki.fibis.org/w/Military_periodicals_online#Quarterly_Army_List

After 1919 there is not a great deal available online.

There are 4 Monthly Lists for 1920 (August-Dec) available on HathiTrust.  These are available full view to me (in Australia)  I assume they will be available full view in the UK.

Fold3 , pay website has July 1922 in two parts. The TheGenealogist, pay website has a List for 1920, but no details

February 1920, and August 1922 can be purchased as downloads.

Details for these are on the above Fibiwiki link 

There may be other free or pay websites, but the above are the ones I am aware of.

Maureen