Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

AEF badge - help needed

Gunner 87

My pleasure.

It is strange that the US speciality insigna  was more realistic than the Fr between 2 wars model. Anyway quite inteeesting case. Thanks for submitting it.

On 01/02/2021 at 20:21, Gabelou said:

My pleasure.

It is strange that the US speciality insigna  was more realistic than the Fr between 2 wars model. Anyway quite inteeesting case. Thanks for submitting it.

All, thank you for your help. I joined the US Militaria Forum, which runs in a similar fashion to ours, and their Facebook page. It has been suggested the patch resembled the One Pound Cannon as suggested on this thread albeit in a different name. The most compelling evidence is that each Infantry Regiment had three of these weapons assigned to its HQ Company where Joseph served. Bar finding the badge online I think that's the answer. 

regards Gunner 87.

@JOVE23

@new3.2

@FROGSMILE

@Gabelou

Edited by Gunner 87

10 minutes ago, Gunner 87 said:

All, thank you for your help. I joined the US Militaria Forum, which runs in a similar fashion to ours, and their Facebook page. It has been suggested the patch resembled the One Pound Cannon as suggested on this thread albeit in a different name. The most compelling evidence is that each Infantry Regiment had three of these weapons assigned to its HQ Company where Joseph served. Bar finding the badge online I think that's the answer. 

regards Gunner 87.

@JOVE23

@new3.2

@FROGSMILE

@Gabelou

Brilliant work Gunner 87, I think your deduction is on the money.  The badges must be exceedingly rare, but personally I’ve no doubt that they relate to the infantry support gun shown and described in this thread.

My pleasure.