The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Possibly Bersaglieri Helmet Badge?? I don’t know what this is??

BeckyBlackSheep

Well I’ve spent three whole days on this quest, so hoping someone here recognizes this badge. The closest I can find is it looks like the Italian Army: Bersaglieri insignia but the two flags in the back are totally throwing me. Everytime I’ve come across Bersaglieri it’s been crossed rifles. Any help is appreciated. I picked this up in an auction with a bunch of unidentified pieces from around the same era but this one truly has me stumped. It appears to be pressed brass and does have 3 attached rings on the back. Measures about 2 3/4 inches tall. Thank you! 

4719FF0F-1713-4FFC-861B-02DB00280CEA.jpeg

1C83786E-2C7E-41B4-B5C1-9B6161F9C012.jpeg

Can't really help but as an observation those lances and pennons suggest a lancers unit. Not sure how that fits with the post horn and grenade insignia, but Italian badges are a bit of a mystery to me I'm afraid.

Pat

Yea, that’s stumping me too. I found a similar hat badge online but there was no description :/ Just: old Italian insignia. 

the hunt continues ^_^

C59DEB83-9CB5-4E15-A409-E96A7A2188CB.jpeg

It’s an Italian Cavalry School and Stud.  In more modern times the same badge is used by the Italian Army regiment of ‘Cavalry Guide’.

Edited by FROGSMILE