Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diaries Annexes - 2 Bn Tank Corps

Bill1960

I am currently wading though the War Diaries for the 2nd Bn the Tank Corps during the period May 1917 to March 1919.  On the day that my Great Grandfather was injured (26 March 1918), gun teams were in action in the wood on Bray - Corbie Road and the diary refers to 'Annex B, Page 7 and 9'.  I presume that this may contain additional details.  I have looked everywhere to find this annex but to no avail.  Does anyone have any idea where these annexes may be found.

Edited by Bill1960
wrong year

Hi, my experience with War Diaries in general is that the annexes haven't always been preserved. There's also a chance that it might have been scanned in the wrong sequence, so it's worth going right through the files to check.

Assuming that draws a blank, the only other chance is to try the Tank Museum Archives in Bovington (when they reopen). They have their own copies of the War Diaries so it's possible that additional documents might have survived there - fingers crossed!

John

12 hours ago, johntaylor said:

Hi, my experience with War Diaries in general is that the annexes haven't always been preserved. There's also a chance that it might have been scanned in the wrong sequence, so it's worth going right through the files to check.

Assuming that draws a blank, the only other chance is to try the Tank Museum Archives in Bovington (when they reopen). They have their own copies of the War Diaries so it's possible that additional documents might have survived there - fingers crossed!

John

Thanks John.  I will get in touch with the Tank Museum when they open.  Hopefully they'll have the document although what I'm after may not even be there.