Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Andrew Tatham, "I Shall Not Be Away Long"

Moonraker

Andrew will be giving a talk on his books this evening at 8pm UK time on the WFA website and also via the WFA Facebook page.

If you ever get a chance to hear Andrew talk about his books, I would highly recommend you do it.  That was the best talk, I have heard in ages.

Mandy

Andrew - many thanks for your presentation to the WFA this evening. I strongly recommend catching this on YouTube. 

We talk about strategy and tactics, regiments and battles but it’s the stories behind the people that really counts.

58 DM.

Dear Mule,

I completely agree (especially in today's World), namely that it is the stories behind those people, which is paramount.

Kindest regards,

Kim.

I thought it was superb and it was a privilege to host the talk. The video is still there on Facebook and will be on the WFA's YouTube channel in a few week's time. If you haven't read the books, it gave merely a 'flavour' of them - they're both excellent and develop Andrew's themes more fully.

On 08/03/2021 at 21:43, mandy hall said:

If you ever get a chance to hear Andrew talk about his books, I would highly recommend you do it.  That was the best talk, I have heard in ages.

Mandy

Thanks, Mandy - that's brilliant to hear - as Simon says below, the talk will up on YouTube in a few weeks and I hope will give more people the opportunity to hear about what I've done.

On 08/03/2021 at 23:20, 58 Div Mule said:

Andrew - many thanks for your presentation to the WFA this evening. I strongly recommend catching this on YouTube. 

We talk about strategy and tactics, regiments and battles but it’s the stories behind the people that really counts.

58 DM.

Thank you - yes, I agree - sometimes the higher level stuff leads people to lose sight that it is human lives that are at the core of it all