Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German Uniform Question - Grenadier-zu-Pferd-Regiment Freiherr von Derfflinger Nr. 3

JOVE23

Hello,

A friend of mine and I are curious about the depiction of the officer of Regiment Nr. 3 by Paul Casberg as shown below:

spacer.png

We know their regiment facing color is pink, but have never seen a facing color so strongly displayed on a feldgrau uniform. Was this unique to Nr. 3 or is this maybe a Prussian blue uniform that's been mistakenly "colored in" as feldgrau? The Leutnant wearing a blue cap makes me think it's the latter but I'm definitely open to being corrected.

I look forward to your responses!

What is depicted appears to be the M1915 friedensuniform (peace time uniform) which for all Dragoon Regiments was field grey with cuffs and collars in the regimental facing colour.   

I think he just made a mistake with the cap.

TK

I am quickly learning that you shouldn't delve to deeply into these uniforms if you want to keep your sanity! :lol: Trying to figure this out and then a Fliegertruppe uniform has my head swimming.

This might be one for clarification by @GreyCand @The Prussian.

Right, mates!

Here is an officer in the "Friedensrock" of Grenadier-Regiment zu Pferde Nr.3.

Note that regiment was called "mounted Grenadier-Regiment", and it was part of the dragoons, what TK mentioned before.

u033-2-09.JPG