Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Whats your best "broken" group?

Coldstreamer

Hello

I have a WW1 pair to Sgt Waite of the 4th Dragoon Guards (a casualty too). He is also due all these

Egypt Medal (1882-89) - bars The Nile 1884-85, Abu Klea

Egypt, Khedive’s Star

India Medal (1895-1902) - bars Punjab Frontier 1897-98, Tirah 1897-98

China War Medal - bar Relief of Pekin

Queen’s South Africa Medal - bars O.F.S., Transvaal and South Africa 1902

1914/15 Star

Hens teeth...

Any one else got a nice group thats not a group?

Ian

How about:

Afghanistan 1878-80 (No clasp)

India General Service 1854-95 (Clasps: Hazara 1888, Hazara 1891)

India General Service 1895-02 (Clasp: Relief of Chitral)

Queens South Africa (Clasps: Cape Colony, 'South Africa 1902')

VR Army Long Service and Good Conduct Medal.

All named to a Private of the Seaforth Highlanders. I have the last three medals, but I've discovered that the first two were sold at a DNW Auction in 1998! One day......!

Regards

Gavin

There are three I would dearly like to locate & bring back together.

a}MM & Bar,1914~15 Star,Missing its BWM & AVM,to Sergeant Harry Flood,,2323;1/1st Cambridgeshire Regt,Harry lost his arm in 1918 & was driven to suicide in the 1920s.

b}MM;1914~15 Star,BWM,Missing the AVM,awarded to W.H.Smith,1521,1/1st Cambridgeshire Regiment,who was Killed in a Blitz road crash in 1940,whilst on a Shout ,serving with the AFS.

c}QSA,EdVII LSGC,to a Sgt,ASC;,Missing a 1914 Star MiD;Trio,to SSM/Captain ,W.Bromage,ASC;Located the whereabouts of this one, in Norwich, in the 1980s,but the Collector who had it didnt want to part with it,I believe his Collection has now been sold off!

And theres more!!! :(

Gavin

you at least stand a chance

Ian

Hows this one I have his GV LSGC, served for over 22 years continuos with the same number. He was a RSM when he was KIA in May 1918

Queens Sudan,

4 clasp QSA,

2 clasp KSA,

1914/15 Trio

GV MSM,

Khedives Sudan &

Death Plaque

Hello

Nice thing about collecting this way is you can get medals to groups you would never normally get... this pair was £15 18 years ago - (1 1/2 weekends wages then)

Ian

Hi all

Two groups I would dearly love to reunite.

1. M.M. (I have) 14-15 Trio and plaque (missing :( ) to 2nd Lieutenant F.E. Adkin of the 2nd Royal Sussex. He is a Sergeant 7th Northamptons on the M.M.

2. WW1 Pair (Missing) M.S.M. (I have) to 16291 L/Sgt Lewis Nixon of the 9th Royal Warwickshire's His M.S.M. is unique to the regiment (possibly the British Army!) as it was awarded for the "Mallenson Mission" in Transcaspia 1919/1920, in which mostly colonial troops where engaged.

Ho hum one day maybe :P

Regards

Paul

This is mine. The story told to me when I bought the group was the silver medals were sold for scrap the others 14-15 Star and the Victory were sadly missing. since the three the D.C.M., M.M, and B.W.M. were purchased in the U.S. I have allways hoped that they will turn up someday. The medals are named to Sgt. Joseph Davies 25th Battalion C.E.F. born Newton Shropshire England Mar. 22 1888.

The star and victory are rubbed and were with the group when I bought them.

regards

Stephen

post-23-1109547679.jpg

I would dearly love to find the MM missing from a 14-15 Trio to

Pte Percy Maltby of the 6th Bn. Lincolnshire Regiment. He served in the Galipolli campaign and won his MM in France.

What I would pay for that, name your price matey, its yours.

Lee

Anyone seen a New Zealand Medal (Dates 1864-66) named to Pte W. Price 1/12th Regt? I have his Afganistan Medal; one half of a very rare and unusual pair. They appeared together in a dealers list in 1968....

Gavin