Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Remembering Richard Laughton

fetubi

I'm thinking much, about my departed friend, Richard Laughton today.  He did so much for the study and definite success of finding Men who had gone Missing in World War One. As someone who has pursued the graves of Airmen, especially those lost and unknown, he was a ready and committed expert, who stood by you, and did all he could to help. Well done Richard.

Trevor Henshaw

Same here, we worked together on a lot of cases on the forum, also through PM and email.

He will be missed, the publication of all his research into unknowns and cemeteries became a reference to a lot of other researchers.

There are a lot of pending investigations that will not be finished without his energy and devotion.

Sorry for the short reply, would like to expand but can't find the correct wording in English.

Luc.

Thanks to Richard's hard work and invaluabe output he has left a wealth of avilable of information and sources. Nevr met him but shared many a PM and email, he was always open and happy to share. His energy and devotion will be sorely missed. Well done Richard and thank you :poppy:

Jon

I am sorry to hear about the loss of Richard, he was dedicated to the cause of identifying the missing, and I am sure he will be sorely missed himself.

Kind Regards

Andy  

Richard helped me with some of my ladies too... 

his wisdom will be missed!! 

M.

The posts in this section are much fewer since Richards passing and I certainly miss reading his cases and expert investigations. His assistance in helping with others cases will be badly missed.

Richard