Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Findmypast new database "Caribbean Rolls Of Honour WW1"

MaureenE

Findmypast (pay website) new database "Caribbean Rolls Of Honour WW1" located in Military, Armed Forces & Conflict/ First World War,  was introduced  recently.

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/caribbean-rolls-of-honour-ww1

The description includes the wording "Caribbean contingent to the British and Allied war effort" " including some who served with the French Army".  Currently includes those from 

• Jamaica

• Trinidad & Tobago

There is no indication as to where the records come from,  but I suspect  they originate from a website

Caribbean Roll of Honour 1914-1918 1939-1945 . A page within includes a link now not active, but available as an archived page Caribbean Online - Routes to Roots. Gallery - World War One and the British West Indies Regiment, Lists of honours and awards from World War One and the British West Indies Regiment now archived. commonwealth.sas.ac.uk

Cheers

Maureen

Thanks for highlighting this Maureen.

I stumbled on the Caribbean Roll of Honour website last year and tried to contact the owner, a Mr Jerome Lee, but unfortunately didn't get a reply and I wonder if the site is no longer being curated?

David.