Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ypres Rally 2020

AOK4

Hello,

I just read that the Ypres Rally will be organised from 19 to 22 November 2020 and it will be a FIA World Rally Championship thing. Probably this will mean extra difficulties to visit certain places on these days.

I don't know anything more yet.

Battlefield visitors may want to avoid the area during those days.

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

My Father and myself attended the Ypres 24 Hour Rally, on a couple of occasions, whilst visiting the Salient during the late 1970s.  I don't recall any problems getting around the surrounding area and the evening of the event was quite exciting, especially aorund the pit area behind the Cathedral. I remember the manager of one Irish Team swearing continually which caused my Dad to tell him to watch his language. As a result, we were sworn at and then given cloths and told to clean mud off a vehicle's lights and windscreens and help getting removed wheels out the way!

Sepoy

Nowadays rallys, especially when it's FIA are completely different. you will most definitely not get to the cars... Even as a racing-medic and extraction team, you just get close enough once to do the extrication-training and that's it!! 

But I thjink it's great!! First time ever Belgium has a world championship race!! 

I'll definitely try to get down there that WE, armed with the rocket launcher and all the necessary material for some great battlefield and rally pics!! 

M.