Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lillian A. Pearce.

roselyn2

Lyn

We're going to need some more information about her. I suspect that were quite a few Lillian Pearces around a century ago and that you didn't pluck a name out of thin air?

Nationality? Links to towns/cities/villages?  Civilian, servicewoman, voluntary worker?

What's piqued your interest in her?

Moonraker. I was trying to get some information on Lillian Pearce. I will have some more by the end of the week and will add it to this topic.   Thank you.   Lyn

Some information on Lillian A. Pearce. St. John Ambulance War Service Medal with a Wales on a bar. Named to Lillian A. Pearce. Aug. 1914.  July 19th. 1919. Number W246.  From Cardiff Barry area. 

1 hour ago, roselyn2 said:

Some information on Lillian A. Pearce. St. John Ambulance War Service Medal with a Wales on a bar. Named to Lillian A. Pearce. Aug. 1914.  July 19th. 1919. Number W246.  From Cardiff Barry area. 

It's a process of elimination...

Could be this one, if she was married before 1914.

You'll need at least one other piece of information to be able to confirm or deny if this is what you are looking for.

Capture.JPG

I suspect that it's Agnes Lilian (with only one 'l') Pearce of 7 Hannah St, Barry. Worked at Barry Island War Hospital. 

She was a VAD, and if I wasn't accessing this through my phone I'd post a link to her record card from the Red Cross Society archives..... 

She was a nurse, worked at Barry Island hospital from 1914 to 1919. Not a lot more info on the card. 

I was hoping for information on her 1st W.W. Service. If she spent all the war at home. Looking at her Period Of Service at Barry Hospital.  Thank you all for your help.     Lyn.

15 hours ago, headgardener said:

Just noticed that it is the same person whose details Alan posted (above). 

Think I might have managed it.... 

Just had a look at the 1911 census for 7 Hannah Street on FMP.

We did both have the same person...which was a bit of a long shot on my part!

1911 Census 7 Hannah St.

Thomas Pearce 34 married 4 years, Gas services layer, b. Gibraltar 

Lillian Pearce 27 b. London [1884]

I was a little concerned that the card showed 'Miss' but this is clearly wrong. 

The fact she worked 2 days per week may also indicate a married woman who had other duties. 

Unfortunately, with her maiden name of Smith and born London, any further research on her early life may be difficult. 

But here's a possible...

Alan. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan24

16 minutes ago, Alan24 said:

Just had a look at the 1911 census for 7 Hannah Street on FMP.

We did both had the same person...which was a bit of a long shot on my part!

Unfortunately, with her maiden name of Smith and born London, any further research on her early life may be difficult. 

But here's a possible...

Alan. 

Capture.JPG

Your long shots appear to be paying off...! Any tips for next year's Grand National? 

Agree with what you say about the part-time nature of her work. 

Edited by headgardener

This looks good for her too.

Capture.JPG