Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ehrensberger Kaiserlichen Marine

stevenbecker

Michael,

I was checking others in the MMD (Military Mediterranean Division) in Turkey and came across this man?

Wolf only gives this little details

Ehrensberger    LtzS Marine    MMD (Military Mediterranean Division)     1916-    shown in Klaus Wolf's Book

From what I understand a Adolf Ehrensberger was another U Boat Commander, and as he was made ObLtzS in 22 March 1916,

and UC 53 in 1918, did he also served in Turkey like a number of others we have talked about?

Can you shed some light here?

S.B

Ehrensberger, Adolf. born 31.10.1891. Diensteintritt letztes Kaiserliches Patent 04.1910.

Wittelsbach, Adj. 11.15. U-Boots-Sch., Ausb. 3.16 zugl. U 25, W. Offiz. 6.16. U 33, dann U 63 (Mi), W. Offiz. 7.17. Stab d. F.d.U. Mittelmeer, Flglt. 8.17. U 63 (Mi), W. Offiz. 3.18. UC 53, dann UB 49 (Mi), Komdt. bis Ende.

a.D. 28.8.1920 m. Char. als Kaptlt.

Jan

Jan,

Thank you.

I am unsure when Wolf's man Ehrensberger  arrived in Turkey other then a date of 1916?

So are they are the same man or there is another Ehrensberger ?

What did Adolf do between 1914-16 when he went to U Boats?

Cheers

S.B

Well, it says all, he was on SMS Wittelsbach until November 1915 and then U Boat School until March 1916.

There is no other Ehrensberger in the Ehrenrangliste.

Steve,

Remember that U 33 transferred over to Constantinople in March 1916 and operated mainly in the Black Sea through November 1916, when she returned to Cattaro. Per the Ehrenrangliste, Ehrensberger was on U 33 from June 1916 on, likely at least until the boat sailed back to Austria.

Best wishes,

Michael

Mates,

Thanks again.

Michael, yes your right that must be why and when he arrived in Turkey, with U 33.

His move to U 63 in Pola in 1917 took him away

His run with Gansser in the Black Sea was poor, mostly fishing boats.

Mate,

His death during WWII had me beat?

Killed by a Mine or Torpedo

later WWII commander of the 8. Vorpostenflottille of V 801 Bayern when sunk by mine (also shown by Torpedo off Ameland Nth Sea) 

Do you have any details

Cheers

S.B

Edited by stevebecker