Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Albert Percy Robinson

John Robinson

I am researching my family history, but have no living relatives to refer to for confirmation, or otherwise, that any discoveries I make are actually my family members.

I have found several records in Ancestry covering Albert Percy Robinson, Regimental Number 22670 a Private in the Northumberland Fusiliers and I am hoping this is my grandfather of the same name.

However, the Ancestry records cover WW1 medal awards, but do not include any details of the recipient apart from his name, Regimental Number and Regiment.

I am wondering if there is any possibility that somebody at the Great War Forum would be able to advise me how to proceed to obtain further information to determine if this is actually my grandfather.

Thanking you in advance

John Robinson

45 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

Albert Percy Robinson, Regimental Number 22670

That man has an address 11 New Mills, Newcastle. Does that make any connections?

May I suggest that you should supply his date and place of birth and his parents' names and, if relevant, wife's name and marriage date plus an address around 14/18 period. These can all help to identify or eliminate candidates.

There is always the risk of men enlisting with false names, false ages etc.

charlie

Edited by charlie962

Hi Charlie

Many thanks for your help.  Unfortunately this is not my granddad.  I thought it was possibly strange that he, as a Londoner, served with a Northumberland regiment, but my own dad,also a Londoner, served with the South Staffordshire regiment in WW2 I thought it worthwhile checking it out.  Thanks for your help which has at least saved me from investigating another person's granddad.

I have also been researching my great grandfather Thomas William Utting.  I am on safer ground here as I already know quite a lot about his service with the 2nd battalion Coldstream Guards but there are questions I would like to ask the answers to which would help me very much.  Is it permitted to ask further questions?

Regards

John

• Admin

John

I have responded to your other posting - so I will close that now you have responded here.

I would recommend you start a fresh post with a Title that is more relevant to your new query

Regards

Russ