Jump to content
Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Margaretnolan

Sydney Taylor ASC M2/114515

Recommended Posts

Margaretnolan

I’m trying to find information on Sydney Taylor ASC M2 114515. I have his service records and am trying to find out what happened to him after the war. I need help interpreting the attached cards. What does it say on the date 17th November 1922 in particular?

 

Thank you 

 

Margaret

C26816E9-1B46-4664-82A0-EACBB2D8C67D.jpeg

30997255-4C96-4354-B7AF-DF7A241FBDA7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IPT

I'm wondering if it's shorthand for "Appeal disallowed. Aggravations Passed Away"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

This is his Pension Card.

 

17/11/1922    Appeal dismissed Ags?[unclear]  passed away.

 

A very ambiguous entry. I don't think it means he was dead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Margaretnolan
35 minutes ago, IPT said:

I'm wondering if it's shorthand for "Appeal disallowed. Aggravations Passed Away"

 

32 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

This is his Pension Card.

 

17/11/1922    Appeal dismissed Ags?[unclear]  passed away.

 

A very ambiguous entry. I don't think it means he was dead.

 

 

Thank you both for your replies.

 

Margaret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Margaretnolan

On the top left hand corner it says Transferred to Yorks. Can anyone point me in a direction to find more information on that please.

 

Margaret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dai Bach y Sowldiwr
40 minutes ago, Margaretnolan said:

On the top left hand corner it says Transferred to Yorks. Can anyone point me in a direction to find more information on that please.

I think it means the pension claim processing was transferred to the Yorkshire Region (from somewhere else), not that he was transferred from the ASC to a Yorkshire regiment.

The card is an administrative trail for dealing with his pension claim.

Do you have links to any other documents?

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ss002d6252
2 hours ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

think it means the pension claim processing was transferred to the Yorkshire Region (from somewhere else), not that he was transferred from the ASC to a Yorkshire regiment.

You are correct, it was a change in the region dealing with the claim.


Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ss002d6252

The 'passed away' part cannot reflect his death unless it was some sort of retrospective appeal to try and claim a pension that had not been paid - the Article 9 claim in 1923 that is a reference to a claim for a disabled man.


Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GJW

Hi M,

He did seem to move around some what. Also he served previously in the Field Amubulance. I am no expert on navigating British Census unfortunately.

 

Gerard

 

image.png.7ffa68c1b421992dc34b0effca25531d.png

image.png.f4c38f707d8545f43288266f7f704717.png

Edited by GJW
ommission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GJW

Meant to add - this is the link on FMP if you have membership...

 

https://www.findmypast.ie/transcript?id=GBM%2FWO363-4%2F7319863%2F15%2F379

 

Gerard

Edited by GJW
ommission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Margaretnolan
6 hours ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

I think it means the pension claim processing was transferred to the Yorkshire Region (from somewhere else), not that he was transferred from the ASC to a Yorkshire regiment.

The card is an administrative trail for dealing with his pension claim.

Do you have links to any other documents?

 

Gerard has posted a link to his service records above which are on FMP.

 

This is the link to his service records on Ancestry.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageviewer/collections/1219/images/31238_201349-00355?treeid=&personid=&hintid=&queryId=9acadb404c6c49467dc4048065b6f49b&usePUB=true&_phsrc=YDO15&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true&_ga=2.57741165.612688508.1595007097-1295675829.1582333504&pId=1887862

 

Unfortunately I struggle with the registration districts in the UK as I’m not familiar with them.

 

This is the Index sheet from FMP also.

 

Thank you for your help on this and everyone else also. Really appreciate it.

 

Margaret

16A4FE1E-75B9-4320-970E-FE91234C2B8F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...