Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Westhoek trip Pops & Wipers

Marilyne

4 hours ago, Marilyne said:

guest of honour included...

The donkey looks such a character; I can hear Eddie Murphy's voice looking at him. If you haven't seen the Shrek movies then that one might be a bit confusing.........

Pete.

19 hours ago, Marilyne said:

and here's the others... guest of honour included... 

D94A0184.JPG.f4eeaa440822f9612d9dc3a78dbfb40d.JPG

D94A0240.JPG.a8079a7a2b10bb46c8f7d62d54cbf836.JPG

D94A0253.JPG.1d09f450b67d88b599f6e58470cb577d.JPG

wetransfer incoming for the whole respective sets. 

M.

I love that Donkey, He's super sweet, glad we have a name now. Yay!!:wub:

He likes an apple - best to slice it and keep your fingers out of the way though.

It's official then: Tommeke is the most spoiled donkey on the Western Front!! 

M.

2 minutes ago, squirrel said:

Should we adopt him as the GWF mascot?

Good call. That works on so many levels.......

Pete.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, helpjpl said:

Tommeke - Polygon Wood Cemetery

Great find and genuinely moving in a strange sort of way, thanks JP. I have trouble finding Polygon Wood let alone the cemetery but this is a good reason to try harder next time and carry an apple or two.

Pete.

• 2 months later...

Good morning, 

just recycling this old thread... at very long last we can go back to the front for some walking. A Poperinge based club has signposted a walk to be done in COVID safe mode this WE, and we're going tomorrow. Probably to get soaked but we don't care... it's going to be the first real BGFT event in nearly a year!!! 

I saw the route .... we'll be passing NINE ELMS CEMETERY on the way... if anyone needs a picture... I'll see what I can do with the rain and my little Sony (not taking out the rocket launcher in this bad weather...).

Welcome back Marilyne, hope you, bear and boyfriend are well and your recent academic activity went well. The weather out here on the coast is sunny but chilly, hopefully that airmass will make it's way to you for tomorrow. If you can see the eastern horizon from the area of Nine Elms (or anywhere else on your route) and you can see the Messines ridge can you take a snap with the Sony? I'm interested in how much of the back areas were under observation from the ridge.

Pete.

Glad to see you back on the road Marilyne. 

Don’t have anyone at Nine Elms, but it would be nice to see some photos - any photos from that neck of the woods would be really welcome.

Enjoy!

Dave 

@Fattyowls: Messines Ridge was a bit tricky with some quite low hanging clouds now and then. I only had the small Sony with me ... 

I'll share some more pics tomorrow... have to sort them out and research some extra info about them... 

DSC05267.JPG.362acf917e0a0e9bf51ac26410ae6057.JPG

13 minutes ago, Marilyne said:

Messines Ridge was a bit tricky

For you today and for the British army for the best part of four years. Thanks for trying; I'm sure whatever you come up with will be much better than anything I could take. Hope it was an enjoyable day for you and bear otherwise.

Pete.

Edited by Fattyowls