Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hospital Records Database.xls WWI contents

TEW

Perhaps I'm way out of date with this but I can't seem to find much online or on forum so thought I'd post about the hospital-records.xls spreadsheet.

This is available from .gov.uk website. Not sure if it's the basis for the information that is on the now (not being updated) Hospital Records Database at TNA or a spreadsheet archive of that database.

The interesting bit is that the spreadsheet mentions WWI records whereas I see nothing obvious on the HRD online.

So, for example;

Naburn Hospital, spreadsheet column DJ row 1731 says; Records include military ward registers from WWI. I'm not sure what 'ward registers' would come under but maybe Clinical & Patients 1906-1951.

I'm not seeing anything on The Long Long Trail for Naburn but I did find a 2013 forum post that mentions Naburn Hospital in passing. Nothing in the Hospitals in the United Kingdom topic

The records for Naburn that were at North Yorks archive are now with the Borthwick Institute , University of York. They have their own searchable catalogue but the 'Naburn Hospital Archive' doesn't really mention WWI ward registers.

TEW