Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte Frank Mayoh Worcester Yeomanry no 48449

michaela

Hi. I have recently discovered a relative, Frank Mayoh who was in the Worcester Yeomanry, and according to the army Register of Soldiers effects, was accidentally killed on 5 July 1919 whilst serving with the Egyptian Expeditionary Force. Would there be any way of finding out the circumstances surrounding his death? I have looked in the newspapers without much success. Many thanks as always for your invaluable expertise.

Thanks everyone, still no wiser. Apparently the war diary isn’t for download. The info on Cravens part in the Great War, just confirms what I already know. Nice to see the photo. 

Another question! I can’t seem to locate any medal record for him. Is there a possibility that he joined another regiment first? Considering he was from Barnoldswick/Bolton why the Worcestershire Regt? Thanks again.

He recieved a War Gratuity of 13-10-00 as a Private so had some service. Medals would only be given if he was in a War theatre so if he did not go overseas until 1919 then no medal entitlement.

But I notice his name is constantly misspelt.

57 minutes ago, charlie962 said:

He recieved a War Gratuity of 13-10-00 as a Private so had some service. Medals would only be given if he was in a War theatre so if he did not go overseas until 1919 then no medal entitlement.

But I notice his name is constantly misspelt.

Can you give me a link for the effects, please.

Craig

The cap badge on the photo is ASC not Worcester Yeomanry?

ASC attached to Worcs Yeo?

Chris