Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mark KILLORAN 18th Bn Liverpool Pals

BarbaraG

Hi Barbara,

I've looked at his service record, it says that he was discharged due to a gunshot wound penetrating his pleura and lung which was indeed service related, but where does it say that his death was war related? If he died from pneumonia as stated in the newspaper then this may not be good enough, depending on what the death certicate says.

Thanks Paul wording corrected. I agree Death Certificate would be required to determine eligibility. Have applied for copy.

Edited by BarbaraG

Just noticed last post on the Harland and Wolff Memorial Liverpool - relative of Mark Killoran - have sent a message.

Finger crossed indeed.

22 hours ago, PaulC78 said:

I've looked at his service record, it says that he was discharged due to a gunshot wound penetrating his pleura and lung which was indeed service related, but where does it say that his death was war related? If he died from pneumonia as stated in the newspaper then this may not be good enough, depending on what the death certicate says.

21 hours ago, BarbaraG said:

Thanks Paul wording corrected. I agree Death Certificate would be required to determine eligibility. Have applied for copy.

Barbara - it appears you have involvement in two recent similar threads [think this may be the younger thread]

See also my post in the other [now the older thread I think]

My thoughts are as above on both points - War-related ?? [where is the evidence / where from?] and the need for a DC

Would be nice if you can get a clear 'light-bulb' moment, but ... now your, hopefully short, wait for a DC begins.

Good luck

:-) M

Edited by Matlock1418

4 minutes ago, BarbaraG said:

Mea culpa

These things do happen from time to time for us all [well most/many and especially including me!]

21 hours ago, BarbaraG said:

Just noticed last post on the Harland and Wolff Memorial Liverpool - relative of Mark Killoran - have sent a message.

Finger crossed indeed.

Indeed.

The 'right' one??

Please keep us all informed

Good luck.

:-) M

Edited by Matlock1418