Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Robert Parker 365216 Northern Cyclist Bn.

PaulC78

I've found the following man in the WFA pension records, Robert Parker 365216 of the Northern Cyclists, who lived at Monkseaton and apparently died on 19 March 1921. I'm struggling to locate a death record for him though.

1538460694_ParkerRobert(365216)_2.jpg.284688a828b52fc5cf4a9511f7a8325b.jpg

The 1911 Census indicates that he was born around 1889 at Hexham. No overseas service, besides the pension records there only seems to be an MIC and the SWB roll (he was discharged on 11 August 1917).

Posting here in case anyone else can find anything.

The SWB Roll records enlistment as 06 October 1914 and details of discharge as above.

Reference is also given for Northumberland Fusiliers - would the N Cyclist Bn. be linked.

There appear to be three Pension Record Cards, one of which states Pension Commencement 12 August 1917, with Pulmonary Tuberculosis "Due To' Service.

Edited by BarbaraG

• 2 years later...

Had another look at this case but still drawing a blank with regard to a DC for Robert Parker.

Parents were William and Mary Parker, address on 1911 Census was Bygate Dairy in Monkseaton. His father William was cleary still alive in 1921 to have claimed a pension, however I can find neither the family nor the above address 1 Victoria Place on the 1921 Census. Of course, Robert died before the census was taken, but I was hoping the location of the family might provide a lead. No such luck!