Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

draperju

Sister H Bowles

draperju

Whilst searching through the Morpeth Herald under Military Medals, I came across a reference to Sister H Bowles, who had been awarded the Military Medal for service in France.

Can anyone help me find more information about this lady.

Best wishes Daperju

Carmania

There was a Linda Bowles from Bothal near Morpeth who was awarded the Military Medal whilst she was employed at No11 Casualty Clearing Station which was bombed. A photograph and details are in Norman Gooding's book 'Honours and Awards to Women, The Military Medal'.

Kimberley John Lindsay

Dear draperju,

"Honours and Awards to Women: The Military Medal" by Norman G. Gooding (Savannah, 2013).

Kindest regards,

Kim.IMG_20200630_0001.jpg.72830f20e9972bf1bcd289d85f429a38.jpg

draperju
16 hours ago, Carmania said:

There was a Linda Bowles from Bothal near Morpeth who was awarded the Military Medal whilst she was employed at No11 Casualty Clearing Station which was bombed. A photograph and details are in Norman Gooding's book 'Honours and Awards to Women, The Military Medal'.

Sorry about the initial but this is the lady The Morpeth Herald were not top of the class for their accuracy.

Thank you very much for replying to my post

Best wishes Draperju

draperju

Thank you for reply to my request for information Sorry about the wrong initial, the Morpeth Gazette was not noted for absolute accuracy and typesetting.

Best wishes

Draperju