Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thoughts on touring August

harley1962

On 02/07/2020 at 22:28, Tom Tulloch-Marshall said:

Hello Reg - I stopped at yours briefly today and had a chat with the people you have rented it out to. They seemed to be a bit miffed by the amount (lack of) food you had left in the freezer, but as there seemed to be about fifteen adults and an uncountable number of kids that's hardly surprising. They've had to take your gates off to get four of the caravans onto the frontage, but they said you'd ok'd that and as you apparently told them they took the gates etc to the scrappy in Fricourt. There was a funny smell outside and they seem to be growing a lot of green pointy-leafed plants inside …..

Tom

Tom

you might joke about it , but a year ago we had visitors... still waiting for insurance to pay out.

1 hour ago, chaz said:

you might ...

Vous devez comprendre la situation dans son ensemble. Reg a une maison à Hardecourt - pour le moment, je ne suis qu'à quelques centaines de mètres d'elle.

Tom

We are heading to France in 3 weeks via the tunnel and staying in Normandy, but hopefully heading to some battlefields. I was rather hoping things would be quite, so we will see. My shepherds can play with the labs.

Quick Somme update: Ibis is up and running, but for dinner, better hit town (just had a GREAT penne with salmon and Dame Blanche at La Basilique).

Café Le Tommy is open. 

Albert Museum and Thiepval visitor center opening up again THIS saturday (11 Jul)

M.

On 30/06/2020 at 12:32, Don Regiano said:

That might change Marilyne if I bump into you near the Devonshires! ;)

Well, I was there this morning... 

D94A0619.JPG.3a35b44d4cb0ec1acbd3825d1b13650f.JPG

and you??? 

M. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/07/2020 at 19:47, Marilyne said:

Well, I was there this morning... 

D94A0619.JPG.3a35b44d4cb0ec1acbd3825d1b13650f.JPG

and you??? 

M. 

Sorry Marilyne, I was stuck under the kitchen sink trying to fix a broken water supply!  I've sent you a PM.

I am sorry I could not make the Devonshires that morning.

Reg