Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte John William Linfoot No 202834 1/4th Duke of Wellington's Regt

DaveC

Hi Everybody Seeking information Pte John William Linfoot, No. 202834 KIA 3-9-1916  Commemorated on Thiepval Memorial, Enlisted Tollerton, Resident Linton-on-Ouse.    Any information however small most welcome.     Kindest Reards DaveC (Stay Safe)

Pte Linfoot served with the 1st and 4th Battalion of the Duke of Wellington's West Riding Regiment, served under the numbers, 202834 and 5877, according to the forces war records. Pension record card and register of effects are available on ancestry.

The detail relating to Private Barnet, same battalion same date of presumed death  you asked about before applies equally well to Pte Linfoot 

Pte Issac Barnet No 20271

Max

His Soldiers effects below from Ancestry.

Brother Fred was in C Company, 1st Battalion , No  7535 in

The ( Prince of Wales Own)West Riding Regiment, killed on 14th July 1918 and commemorated on the Tyne Cot Memorial.

Screenshot_20200629-183918.jpg

Edited by sadbrewer

Hi Sadbrewer

Thanks for the screen shot, but unfortunately I'm unable to read it, it's a bit blurred.   Kindest Regards DaveC (Stay Safe)   

Edited by DaveC

DaveC

If you seek John's enlistment date it can be calculated via the War Gratuity paid (£3) which is based upon length of service. There is expert help on that here.

Hi sotonmate

Any information would be of great interest to me would really like to know his enlistment date if anybody can help or add any more information o him.   I cant find him on any War Memorials?     Kindest and Warmest Regards DaveC (Stay Safe)