Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Identifying my Enfield British 303

Johnxxx

I have a 1943 Enfield NO4 Mk1, this gun old and kinda beat up but over all of functions and fires perfectly. My question is is it possible to find out if it was used in a war considering the wear it has on it? Above the Trigger on the right side says England, N 19438 with some other stuff below it hard to make out.in front of the bold left side has a crown with letters saying JNP.  Right side has some stuff stamped into it but can't make it out. I'll add pictures. Pleas let me know what y'all think because this is an extremely nice rifle overall for a 77year old gun

IMG_20200628_205022758.jpg

Out of period, so this will probably be locked. However, I believe your rifle was made at the Royal Ordnance Factory Maltby - indicated by the ‘M’ in front of the year marking. Yes, it almost certainly saw service during WWII. Unfortunately there’s no way of tracing it’s individual history.

13 minutes ago, peregrinvs said:

Out of period, so this will probably be locked. However, I believe your rifle was made at the Royal Ordnance Factory Maltby - indicated by the ‘M’ in front of the year marking. Yes, it almost certainly saw service during WWII. Unfortunately there’s no way of tracing it’s individual history.

what do you mean it may be locked

Edited by Johnxxx

29 minutes ago, Johnxxx said:

what do you mean it may be locked

This is a WWI forum, not a WWII forum...

• Admin

As AOK  says, your query is off topic for this forum which deals with the Great War (WW1) www2talk.com is recommended.

Michelle 

• Michelle Young locked this topic