Jump to content
Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

draperju

Foriegn Medals for British Soldiers.

Recommended Posts

draperju

I am trying to compile a list of medals given to British servicemen during WW1.

Can anyone help with this request.

France, Belgium, Italy, Serbia, Portugal, Russia, Greece.

Best wishes

Draperju

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith_history_buff

Hello,

You can download the information from The National Archives UK. They have a catalogue known as "discovery".

There are images, there is no ability to search words. You can join for free, and make 50 downloads in a 30 day period.

The pertinent link to the results are in the link in this post





 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith_history_buff

Conversely, if you are interested in awards of the Distinguished Conduct Medal or the Military Medal from the British War Office to allied soldiers, these books are recommended. They are lists of names, and associated military units. They do not have the (<<acte de bravoure décrit par la citation de médaille>>) citations of bravery, though.

The Distinguished Conduct Medal Awarded to The Allied Armies by The British Government    
The Military Medal Awarded to The Allied Armies by The British Government    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
draperju

Thank you for you replies. What I want is the names of the medal from each country, not lists of their recipients.

 

France Croix de Guerre and Medaille Militaire and so on for all our allies during WW1

 

Draperju

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gardenerbill

Serbian Order of the White Eagle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimberley John Lindsay

Dear Draperju,

Nile 4th class (etc.) (Egypt)

Medjidieh 5th class (etc.) pre-GW Turkey

St. Maurice and St. Lazarus, Officer (etc.) (Italy)

St. Anne, 3rd class with swords (etc.) (Russia)

Avis (Mil) 2nd class (etc.) (Portugal)

Crown, Officer (etc.) (Roumania)

Lion and Sun, 3rd class (etc.) (Persia)

Rising Sun, 3rd class (etc.) (Japan)

Danilo, 2nd class (etc.) (Montenegro)

St. Sava, 4th class (etc.) (Serbia)

Redeemer, Knight (etc.) (Greece)

Hurmat (Afghanistan)

El Nahda, 2nd class (etc.) (Hedjaz)

Wen-Hu 5th class (etc.) (China)...

Gleaned from a quick look in "Army Honours & Awards" (April 1920 Army List Supplement).

Kindest regards,

Kim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimberley John Lindsay

Dear Draperju,

I left out the obvious ones for France and Belgium. The (etc.) refers to the various classes awarded...

For your (and others) interest, I attach the medals and Image (Punjab Light Horse, ca. 1910) 1348489466_CaptG.B.GoyderVD.JPG.ad6d8c3fdadc5328778d6db2f690cf20.JPG371770786_2LtGoyderPunjabLtHorseca1910.jpg.77fb6c67b704c2052ad1fd2a1805cb43.jpgof a gallant and capable officer (Capt G. B. Goyder, IARO and General List) who, for example, was awarded both French and Belgian decorations, in addition to have been Mentioned in Despatches twice (Asst Provost Marshal attd 36 Ulster Div). 

Kindest regards,

Kim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
topgun1918

A reasonably comprehensive list -

 

Belgium: Ordre de Léopold, Ordre de la Couronne, Ordre de Léopold II, Decoration Militaire, Croix de Guerre

 

Egypt: Nishan al-Nil (Order of The Nile)

 

France: Légion d’Honneur, Médaille Militaire, Croix de Guerre, Médaille d’Honneur

 

Greece: Order of the Redeemer or Saviour (Τάγμα του Σωτήρος -Basilikon tagma toi soteros), Cross of Valour (Αριστείο Ανδρείας), Royal Order of George I (Βασιλικόν Τάγμα Γεωργίου Α' - Basilikon tagma toy Georgioy A), War Cross (or Greek Military Cross) - Πολεμικός Σταυρός, Medal for Military Merit

 

Italy: Ordine dei Santi Maurizio e Lazzaro, Ordine Militare di Savoia, Ordine della Corona d’Italia, Medaglie al Valor Militare, Croce di Guerra

 

Japan: The Order of the Rising Sun (men only), Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure

 

Jordan: Ouisam an Nahada (The Order of the Renaissance)

 

Montenegro: Order of Danilo I, Milosh Obilitch Medal, Military Bravery Medal

 

Panama: The Panamanian War Medal, La Solidaridad

 

Poland: Order of the White Eagle (Order Bialego Orla), Order of Saint Stanislaus/Order of Polonia Restituta, Order of Military Virtue (Virtuti Militari), The Cross of Valour, The Cross of Merit, The Cross of Merit for Bravery

 

Portugal: Miltary Order of Avis, Military Medal for Good Service

 

Romania: Order of the Crown of Romania, Order of the Star of Romania, Military Order of Michael the Brave, Cross for Military Bravery, Medal for Bravery and Loyalty

 

Russia: Order of St. Andrew, Order of St. Alexander Nevsky, Order of the White Eagle, Order of St. Anne, Order of St. Stanislaus, Order of St. George, Order of St. Vladimir

 

Serbia: The Order of the Karageorge Star, The Royal Order of Milos the Great, The Order of the White Eagle, The Order of St Sava, Obilich Medal for Bravery

 

Tunisia: The Order of Nichan Iftikhar or Nishan al-Iftikhar (the Order of Glory)

 

USA: Distinguished Service Cross, Distinguished Service Medal, Navy Cross

 

Graeme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimberley John Lindsay

Dear Graeme,

Your list would be hard to top!

I didn't know that the The Order of the Rising Sun was a 'men only' award…?

Kindest regards,

Kim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
topgun1918

Hello Kim,

 

I was quoting from own aide-memoire, put together in respect of awards recognising service in the Great War, made up to 1925; I have it that women were admitted to the women-only Order of the Precious Crown.  The ever-reliable Wiki says that women were first admitted to the Order of The Rising Sun in 2003.

 

Graeme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chaz

Ive recently recieved a certificate to a family named member , its bi lingual Belgian (French) and Dutch and its for a Albert 1st Fidelity medal looks like issued in 1976, i have only found mention that it was for WW1 service presumably issued for veterans from 60 years before;

thread below, still waiting for information.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ForeignGong
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, draperju said:

Thank you for you replies. What I want is the names of the medal from each country, not lists of their recipients.

 

France Croix de Guerre and Medaille Militaire and so on for all our allies during WW1

 

Draperju

 

 Hi

This is what I have found in the London Gazette from 1914 - 1926 Sorry it hasn't come out properly but hopefully gives you an idea.

Country

Order or Decoration

Grade

Numbers traced

Remarks

Military

Civilian

Austria

Franz Joseph

Grand Cross

 

1

 

 

Franz Joseph

2nd Cl

3

 

 

 

Franz Joseph

Cdr

 

1

 

 

Franz Joseph

Officer

 

1

 

 

Franz Joseph

4th

 

8*

*1 as Comthur Cross

 

Franz Joseph

Knight

 

 

 

 

Iron Crown

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

Iron Crown

3rd Cl

 

2

 

Baden

Lion of Zahringen

Knight, 1st Cl

 

1

 

Belgian Congo

Crown

Cdr

 

1

 

Belgium

Arab campaign medal

 

 

1

 

 

Civic Cross

 

1

 

 

 

Civic Cross

1st Cl

7

 

 

 

Civic Cross

2nd Cl

6

 

 

 

Civic medal

 

3

 

 

 

Civic medal

1st Cl

5

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

 

4,685*

 

* 1 as Croix Militaire

 

Croix de Guerre

With palm

10

 

 

 

Crown

1st Cl

4

3

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

31

7

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

91

47

 

 

Crown

4th Cl

181

78

 

 

Crown

5th Cl

242

145

 

 

Crown

Gold medal

1

 

 

 

Decoration Militaire

 

424*

 

*3 as ‘Military Decoration of Merit’

 

Decoration Militaire

2nd Cl

36

 

 

To B – from both

Dec & CdG together

 

121

 

My Comment

 

King Albert’s Medal

 

12

 

 

 

Leopold

1st Cl

10

2

 

 

Leopold

2nd Cl

11

2

 

 

Leopold

2nd Cl with palm

2

 

 

 

Leopold

3rd Cl

64

20

 

 

Leopold

3rd Cl with palm

4

 

 

 

Leopold

3rd Cl with swords

1

 

 

 

Leopold

4th Cl

125

31

 

 

Leopold

4th Cl with palm

6

 

 

 

Leopold

5th Cl

169

39

 

 

Leopold

5th Cl with palm

9

 

 

 

Leopold

5th Cl with swords

2

 

 

 

Leopold II

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Leopold II

2nd Cl

 

3

 

 

Leopold II

3rd Cl

3

33

 

 

Leopold II

4th Cl

12

13

 

 

Leopold II

5th Cl

160

39

 

 

Leopold II

With palm

36

 

 

 

Leopold II

Gold medal

3

 

 

 

Leopold II

Silver medal

2

 

 

 

Lion

5th

 

1

 

 

Queen Elisabeth’s medal

 

25

 

 

 

Queen Elisabeth’s medal

with red cross

15

 

 

 

Star of Service

 

 

1

 

Bulgaria

St Alexander the Great

3rd Cl

1

 

 

Chile

Al Merito

1st Cl

1

 

 

 

Al Merito

2nd Cl

3

1

 

 

Al Merito

3rd Cl

1

 

 

China

Double Dragon

1st Cl, 2nd Grade

1

2

 

 

Double Dragon

Peacock’s feather & 1st Cl, 3rd Div

1

 

 

 

Double Dragon

1st Cl, 3rd Grade

1

34

 

 

Double Dragon

2nd Cl, 1st Grade

 

1

 

 

Double Dragon

2nd Cl, 2nd Grade

 

5

 

 

Double Dragon

2nd Cl, 3rd Grade

1

15

 

 

Double Dragon

3rd Cl, 1st Grade

 

7

 

 

Double Dragon

3rd Cl, 2nd Grade

 

13

 

 

Double Dragon

3rd Cl, 3rd Grade

1

21

 

 

Double Dragon

4th Cl

 

7

 

 

Double Dragon

5th Cl

 

3

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

1st Cl

1

4

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

Grand Cordon (Preciously Brilliant)

2

 

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

Grand Cordon

3

 

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

1st Ta Shou Pao Kuang

2

 

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

1st Cl with Grand Cordon

 

3*

*2 as 1st Cl with Grand Cordon & Jewels

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

2nd Cl

2

21

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

2nd Ta Shou Pao Kuang

3

 

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

2nd Cl with Grand Cordon

 

4*

*2 as 2nd Cl with Grand Cordon & Jewels

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

3rd Cl

1

63

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

4th Cl

1

69

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

5th Cl

4

76

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

6th Cl

1

58

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

7th Cl

 

21

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

8th Cl

 

7

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

1st Cl

10

1

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

2nd Cl

4

2

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

3rd Cl

9

3

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

4th Cl

38

17

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

5th Cl

76

21

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

6th Cl

 

12

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

7th Cl

 

1

 

Czechoslovakia

Croix de Guerre

 

23

 

 

Denmark

Dannebrog

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Dannebrog

Grand Cross

 

1

 

 

Dannebrog

2nd Cl

1

2

 

 

Dannebrog

Knight Cdr

1

 

 

 

Dannebrog

Cdr, 1st Cl

 

2

 

 

Dannebrog

Cdr, 2nd Cl

 

2

 

 

Dannebrog

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Dannebrog

5th Cl

 

2

 

 

Dannebrog

Knight

 

2

 

Egypt

El Kemal

1st Cl

 

2

 

 

Ismail

2nd Cl

1

1

 

 

Ismail

3rd Cl

1

9

 

 

Ismail

4th Cl

 

5

 

 

Mahommed Ali

1st Cl

1

 

 

 

Mahommed Ali

Gold medal

3

 

 

 

Medjidieh

 

1

 

 

 

Medjidieh

1st Cl

7

22

 

 

Medjidieh

2nd Cl

33

46

 

 

Medjidieh

3rd Cl

96

101

 

 

Medjidieh

4th Cl

182

110

 

 

Medjidieh

5th Cl

5

30

 

 

Nile

1st Cl

9

16

 

 

Nile

2nd Cl

51

46

 

 

Nile

3rd Cl

212

169

 

 

Nile

4th Cl

415

219

 

 

Nile

5th Cl

9

82

 

 

Osmanieh

1st Cl

2

7

 

 

Osmanieh

2nd Cl

12

20

 

 

Osmanieh

3rd Cl

40

47

 

 

Osmanieh

4th Cl

138

62

 

Ethiopia

Star

2nd Cl

5

1*

*with plaque

 

Star

3rd Cl

4

1

 

Finland

White Rose

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

White Rose

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

White Rose

Cdr, 1st Cl

 

2

 

France

Black Star

2nd Cl

 

1

 

 

Black Star

3rd Cl

5

2

 

 

Black Star

4th Cl

35

2

 

 

Black Star

5th Cl

16

2

 

 

Cambodia

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

 

5,322

2

 

 

Croix de Guerre

2nd award

19

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

3rd award

3

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with palm

137

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with two palms

1

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with silver gilt star

6

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with silver star

17

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with bronze star

17

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with star

3

 

 

 

Dragon of Annam

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Dragon of Annam

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Dragon of Annam

4th Cl

1

 

 

 

Epidemics medal

 

2

 

 

 

Epidemics medal

gold

8

 

 

 

Epidemics medal

silver gilt

33

1

 

 

Epidemics medal

silver

85

 

 

 

Epidemics medal

bronze

15

 

 

 

Legion of Honour

 

1

 

 

 

Legion of Honour

1st Cl

10

4

 

 

Legion of Honour

2nd Cl

53

5

 

 

Legion of Honour

3rd Cl

232

30

 

 

Legion of Honour

4th Cl

593

64

 

 

Legion of Honour

5th Cl

1,200

157

 

 

Legion of Honour

Cross

 

1

 

 

Medaille Militaire

 

1,519

1

 

 

Medal of Honour

silver gilt

1

 

 

 

Medal of Honour

silver

11

 

 

 

Medal of Honour

bronze

27

 

 

 

Medal of Honour with swords

silver gilt

158

 

 

 

Medal of Honour with swords

silver

329

 

 

 

Medal of Honour with swords

bronze

698

 

 

 

Merite Agricole

1st Cl

11

 

 

 

Merite Agricole

2nd Cl

52

1

 

 

Merite Agricole

3rd Cl

152

 

 

 

Ministry of Foreign Affairs medal

silver

2

 

 

 

Palmes Universitaires

1st Cl

3

5

 

 

Palmes Universitaires

2nd Cl

22

23

 

 

Public Assistance medal

silver

15

 

 

 

Public Assistance medal

bronze

10

 

 

 

Reconnaissance medal

 

1

 

 

 

Reconnaissance medal

2nd Cl (silver)

16

 

 

 

Reconnaissance medal

3rd Cl (bronze)

29

 

 

Greece

Cross of Military Merit

 

2

 

 

 

George I

Grand Cdr

4

3

 

 

George I

Cdr

15

10

 

 

George I

Officer

29

5

 

 

George I

Knight

25

8

 

 

George I

Medal

2

 

 

 

George I

Medal, 1st Cl, silver

3

 

 

 

George I

Medal, 2nd Cl

13

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

 

26

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

1st Cl

8

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

2nd Cl

15

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

2nd Cl with silver palm

1

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

3rd Cl

67

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

4th Cl

95

 

 

 

Military Cross

 

63

 

 

 

Military Cross

2nd Cl

44

 

 

 

Military Cross

3rd Cl

104

 

 

 

Military Medal

 

1

 

 

 

Military Medal

3rd Cl

4

 

 

 

Redeemer

 

 

1

 

 

Redeemer

1st Cl

10

 

 

 

Redeemer

Grand Cdr

4

 

 

 

Redeemer

2nd Cl

27

 

 

 

Redeemer

3rd Cl

61

10

 

 

Redeemer

4th Cl

101

25

 

 

Redeemer

5th Cl

119

18

 

 

Redeemer

Silver cross

1

 

 

 

War Medal

silver

2

 

 

Hedjaz

El Nahda

With brilliants

1

 

 

 

El Nahda

1st Cl

6

 

 

 

El Nahda

2nd Cl

18

 

 

 

El Nahda

3rd Cl

26

4

 

 

El Nahda

4th Cl

47

2

 

Hesse

Merit Order of Philip the Magnanimous

Cross of Honour

 

1

 

Italy

“al merito della sanita Publica”

Silver medal

2

 

 

 

Al Valore Militare

silver

366

 

 

 

Al Valore Militare

bronze

954

3

 

 

Crown

1st Cl

7

6

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

30

11

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

131

62

 

 

Crown

4th Cl

109

72

 

 

Crown

5th Cl

229

100

 

 

Crown

Cross

 

1

 

 

Libyan medal

 

12

 

 

 

Medal della salute publica

silver

6

 

 

 

Medal della salute publica

bronze

3

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

1st Cl

1

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

2nd Cl

3

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

3rd Cl

6

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

4th Cl

14

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

5th Cl

17

 

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

1st Cl

6

 

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

2nd Cl

15

1

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

3rd Cl

67

8

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

4th Cl

119

10

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

5th Cl

121

5

 

 

War Cross

 

753

 

 

Japan

Constitution medal

 

 

1

 

 

Crown

6th Cl

 

1

 

 

Mirror

5th Cl

 

1

 

 

Paulownia Sun

 

9*

 

*4 as Rising Sun, Grand Cordon with Paulownia

 

Rising Sun

1st Cl

23

3

 

 

Rising Sun

2nd Cl

53

12*

*1 with double rays

 

Rising Sun

3rd Cl

85

18

 

 

Rising Sun

4th Cl

41

24*

*1 as 4th Cl, Small Cordon

 

Rising Sun

5th Cl

21

31

 

 

Rising Sun

6th Cl

5

16

 

 

Rising Sun

7th C

8

 

 

 

Rising Sun

8th Cl

13

 

 

 

Sacred Treasure

 

1

 

 

 

Sacred Treasure

1st Cl

26

6

 

 

Sacred Treasure

2nd Cl

21

12

 

 

Sacred Treasure

3rd Cl

64

20

 

 

Sacred Treasure

4th Cl

11

18

 

 

Sacred Treasure

5th Cl

9

8

 

 

Sacred Treasure

6th Cl

6

7

 

 

Sacred Treasure

7th C

4

 

 

 

Silver Wedding medal

 

 

1

 

Johore

Crown

1st Cl

 

2

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

 

2

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

 

2

 

Korea

Pal Kuei

2nd Cl

 

2

 

 

Pal Kuei

3rd Cl

 

2

 

 

Pal Kuei

4th Cl

 

3

 

 

Pal Kuei

5th Cl

 

1

 

 

Pal Kuei

6th Cl

 

2

 

 

Tai Keuk

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Tai Keuk

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Tai Keuk

4th Cl

 

2

 

 

Tai Keuk

5th Cl

 

2

 

Liberia

African Redemption

Knight Cdr

1

5

 

 

African Redemption

Knight Official

 

1

 

Luxemburg

Oaken Crown

4th Cl

 

1

 

Monaco

St Charles

3rd Cl

 

1

 

Montenegro

Danilo

1st Cl

3

 

 

 

Danilo

2nd Cl

6

 

 

 

Danilo

3rd Cl

10

2

 

 

Danilo

4th Cl

12

1

 

 

Danilo

5th Cl

6

 

 

 

Obilitch medal/ Medal for Bravery

gold

3

 

 

 

Obilitch medal/ Medal for Bravery

silver

22

 

 

 

Medal for Merit

gold

5

 

 

 

Medal for Merit

silver

15

 

 

Morocco

Hafidian Decoration

5th

2

 

 

 

Hafidian Order

Cdr

2

 

 

 

Ouissam Alaouite

3rd Cl

2

1

 

 

Ouissam Alaouite

4th Cl

4

4

 

 

Ouissam Alaouite

5th Cl

1

 

 

Netherlands

Orange Nassau

 

 

1

 

 

Orange Nassau

1st Cl

 

2

 

 

Orange Nassau

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Orange Nassau

4th Cl

 

2

 

 

Orange Nassau

5th Cl

 

7

 

Norway

St Olaf

1st Cl

1

3

 

 

St Olaf

2nd Cl

1

1

 

 

St Olaf

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

St Olaf

Knight

1

 

 

 

St Olaf

Knight, 1st Cl

 

4

 

 

St Olaf

Knight, 2nd Cl

 

2

 

Panama

La Solidaridad medal

1st Cl, gold

1

 

 

 

La Solidaridad medal

2nd Cl with rosette

4

 

 

 

La Solidaridad medal

3rd Cl

55

 

 

Persia

Lion & Sun

1st Cl

1

2

 

 

Lion & Sun

2nd Cl

1

5

 

 

Lion & Sun

3rd Cl

4

4

 

 

Lion & Sun

4th Cl

 

1

 

Poland

Polonia Restituta

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Polonia Restituta

Cdr

 

1

 

 

Polonia Restituta

4th Cl

1

 

 

Portugal

Aviz

1st Cl

9

 

 

 

Aviz

2nd Cl

25

 

 

 

Aviz

3rd Cl

34

 

 

 

Aviz

4th Cl

19

 

 

 

Aviz

5th Cl

22

 

 

 

Aviz

Grand Officer

30

 

 

 

Aviz

Cdr

74

 

 

 

Aviz

Officer

7

 

 

 

Aviz

Knight

97

 

 

 

Aviz

Cross

1

 

 

 

Christ

 

1

 

 

 

Christ

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

Christ

4th Cl

6

6

 

 

Christ

5th Cl

 

15

 

 

Christ

Grand Cross

1

1

 

 

Christ

Grand Officer

9

 

 

 

Christ

Cdr

6

3

 

 

Christ

Knight Cdr

1

 

 

 

Christ

Officer

9

4

 

 

Christ

Knight

24

2

 

 

Military Medal for Good Service

Copper

102

 

 

 

Nossa Senhora de Conceiçao de Villa Viçosa

Cdr

 

2

 

 

Nossa Senhora de Conceiçao de Villa Viçosa

Knight

 

2

 

 

Red Cross medal

2nd Cl

3

 

 

 

Red Cross medal

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

Red Cross medal

Benemerencia

1

 

 

 

Red Cross medal

Cruz vermelha de Merito, 3rd Cl

2

 

 

 

St Thiago

Cdr

 

1

 

 

St Thiago

Knight

1

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

2nd Cl

3

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

3rd Cl

4

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

4th Cl

1

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

Grand Cross

1

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

Officer

1

 

 

 

War Cross

2nd Cl

2

 

 

 

War Cross

3rd Cl

4

 

 

 

War Cross

4th Cl

1

 

 

Prussia

Black Eagle

 

1

 

 

 

Crown

star

1

 

 

 

Crown

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

 

2

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl with star

 

1

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

 

3

 

 

Crown

4th Cl

 

5

 

 

Red Eagle

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

Red Eagle

2nd Cl with star

1

 

 

 

Red Eagle

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Red Eagle

4th Cl

 

13

 

 

Special Service Cross

 

 

1

 

 

Universal Badge of Honour

 

 

1

 

Roumania

Barbatie si Credinta

1st Cl

48

 

 

 

Barbatie si Credinta

2nd Cl

81

 

 

 

Barbatie si Credinta

2nd Cl with swords

15

 

 

 

Barbatie si Credinta

3rd Cl

157

 

 

 

Barbatie si Credinta

3rd Cl with swords

5

 

 

 

Carol I

Cdr

1

 

 

 

Cross for Good Service

1st Cl

4

 

 

 

Cross for Good Service

2nd Cl

4

 

 

 

Cross of Military Virtue

1st Cl

27

 

 

 

Cross of Military Virtue

2nd Cl

107

 

 

 

Crown

1st Cl

5

 

 

 

Crown

1st Cl with swords

1

 

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

12

3

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl with swords

1

 

 

 

Crown

Grand Cross

 

2

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

22

14

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl with swords

4

 

 

 

Crown

4th Cl

40

5

 

 

Crown

4th Cl with swords

14

 

 

 

Crown

5th Cl

62

2

 

 

Crown

5th Cl with swords

6

 

 

 

Distinguished Conduct Medal

1st Cl

8

 

 

 

Distinguished Conduct Medal

2nd Cl

16

 

 

 

Distinguished Conduct Medal

3rd Cl

32

 

 

 

Good Service Medal

2nd Cl with swords

1

 

 

 

Regina Maria Cross

2nd Cl

2

 

 

 

St Michael the Brave

1st Cl

2

 

 

 

St Michael the Brave

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

St Michael the Brave

3rd Cl

4

 

 

 

Star

1st Cl

4

 

 

 

Star

2nd Cl

7

2

 

 

Star

2nd Cl with swords

3

 

 

 

Star

3rd Cl

18

2

 

 

Star

3rd Cl with swords

6

 

 

 

Star

4th Cl

27

1

 

 

Star

4th Cl with swords

8

1

 

 

Star

5th Cl

56

 

 

 

Star

5th Cl with swords

17

 

 

Russia[ii]

Silver medal

Ribbon of St Anne

1

 

 

 

Silver medal

Ribbon of St Stanislas

5

 

 

 

St Alexander Nevsky

 

3

 

 

 

St Anne

1st Cl

 

2

 

 

St Anne

1st Cl with swords

12

 

 

 

St Anne

2nd Cl

14

2

 

 

St Anne

2nd Cl with swords

65

1

 

 

St Anne

3rd Cl

43

5

 

 

St Anne

3rd Cl with swords & ribbon bow

2

 

 

 

St Anne

3rd Cl with swords

151

 

 

 

St Anne

4th Cl

10

 

Inscribed ‘for valour in war’

 

St Anne

medal

77

 

 

 

St George

3rd Cl

5

 

 

 

St George

4th Cl

15

 

 

 

St George

Cross, 1st Cl

2

 

 

 

St George

Cross, 2nd Cl

7

 

 

 

St George

Cross, 3rd Cl

84

 

 

 

St George

Cross, 4th Cl

288

 

 

 

St George

Medal, 1st Cl

63

 

 

 

St George

Medal, 2nd Cl

125

 

 

 

St George

Medal, 3rd Cl

184

 

 

 

St George

Medal, 4th Cl

238

 

 

 

St Stanislas

1st Cl

8

3

 

 

St Stanislas

1st Cl with swords

16

 

 

 

St Stanislas

2nd Cl

30

4

 

 

St Stanislas

2nd Cl with swords

135

 

 

 

St Stanislas

3rd Cl

23

5

 

 

St Stanislas

3rd Cl with swords & ribbon bow

3

 

 

 

St Stanislas

3rd Cl with swords

100

1

 

 

St Vladimir

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

St Vladimir

3rd Cl with swords & ribbon bow

1

 

 

 

St Vladimir

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

St Vladimir

3rd Cl with swords

11

 

 

 

St Vladimir

4th Cl

11

 

 

 

St Vladimir

4th Cl with swords & ribbon bow

5

 

 

 

St Vladimir

4th Cl with swords

40

 

 

 

White Eagle

 

3

1

 

 

White Eagle

with swords

2

 

 

Serbia

Medal

Gold

228

 

 

 

Medal

Silver

235

 

 

 

Distinguished Conduct Medal

 

1

 

 

 

Distinguished Service Medal

 

11

 

 

 

Distinguished Service Medal

gold

22

 

 

 

Distinguished Service Medal

silver

38

 

 

 

Karageorge

1st Cl with swords

3

 

 

 

Karageorge

2nd Cl with swords

2

 

 

 

Karageorge

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

Karageorge

3rd Cl with swords

10

 

 

 

Karageorge

4th Cl

2

 

 

 

Karageorge

4th Cl with swords

34

 

 

 

Karageorge Cross

1st Cl

17

 

 

 

Karageorge Cross

1st Cl, gold star with swords

10

 

 

 

Karageorge Cross

1st Cl with swords

51

 

 

 

Karageorge Cross

2nd Cl

18

 

 

 

Karageorge Cross

2nd Cl, silver star with swords

12

 

 

 

Karageorge Cross

2nd Cl with swords

57

 

 

 

Karageorge Star

1st Cl, gold with swords

1

 

 

 

Karageorge Star

2nd Cl, silver with swords

3

 

 

 

Karageorge Star

4th Cl with swords

3

 

 

 

Medal for Good Service

gold

81

 

 

 

Medal for Merit

gold

1

 

 

 

Medal for Merit

silver

2

 

 

 

Medal for Military Virtue

 

6

 

 

 

Medal for Military Virtue

gold

1

 

 

 

Medal for Valour

gold

54

 

 

 

Medal for Valour

silver

74

 

 

 

Medal for Zeal

 

1

 

 

 

Medal for Zeal

gold

150

 

 

 

Medal for Zeal

silver

216

 

 

 

Samaritan Cross

 

94

 

 

 

St Sava

 

1

 

 

 

St Sava

1st Cl

2

6

 

 

St Sava

2nd Cl

4

2

 

 

St Sava

3rd Cl

26

12

 

 

St Sava

4th Cl

76

29

 

 

St Sava

5th Cl

114

43

 

 

White Eagle

 

1

 

 

 

White Eagle

1st Cl

7

1

 

 

White Eagle

1st Cl with swords

12

 

 

 

White Eagle

2nd Cl

5

1

 

 

White Eagle

2nd Cl with swords

24

 

 

 

White Eagle

3rd Cl

12

 

 

 

White Eagle

3rd Cl with swords

52

 

 

 

White Eagle

4th Cl

64

7

 

 

White Eagle

4th Cl with swords

138

2

 

 

White Eagle

5th Cl

66

3

 

 

White Eagle

5th Cl with swords

162

8

 

Siam

Chula Chom Klao

2nd Cl

 

2*

*1 as 2nd (special)

 

Crown

1st Cl

 

8

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

4

15

 

 

Crown

Grand Cross

 

1

 

 

Crown

Knight Cdr

 

1

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

5

33

 

 

Crown

4th Cl

3

20

 

 

Crown

5th Cl

 

5

 

 

Rama for Military Merit

1st Cl

1

 

 

 

Ratanabhon Personal Order

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

White Elephant

1st Cl

2

1

 

 

White Elephant

2nd Cl

3

4

 

 

White Elephant

3rd Cl

10

28

 

 

White Elephant

4th Cl

3

35

 

 

White Elephant

5th Cl

 

10

 

 

White Elephant

Gold medal

1

 

 

Spain

Agricultural Merit

Grand Cross

 

2

 

 

Alfonso XII

3rd

 

3

 

 

Charles III

Grand Cross

 

1

 

 

Charles III

Companion

 

1

 

 

Charles III

5th Cl

 

1

 

 

Isabella the Catholic

 

 

1

 

 

Isabella the Catholic

Grand Cross

 

2

 

 

Isabella the Catholic

Knight Grand Cross

 

1

 

 

Isabella the Catholic

Cross

 

1

 

 

Isabella the Catholic

Ordinary Cdr

 

1

 

 

Isabella the Catholic

4th Cl

1

 

 

 

Isabella the Catholic

5th Cl

 

2

 

 

Military Merit

1st Cl

5

1

 

 

Military Merit

2nd Cl

4

3

 

 

Military Merit

3rd Cl

2

1

 

 

Military Merit

with white badge

 

2*

*1 as white Grand Cross

 

Naval Merit

Grand Cross

1

3*

*1 as Grand Cross with white badge

 

Naval Merit

1st Cl

 

4

 

 

Naval Merit

2nd Cl

 

1

 

 

Naval Merit

3rd Cl

 

3

 

 

Naval Merit

with white badge

1

2*

*1 as white Grand Cross

Sweden

North Star

 

 

1

 

 

Polar Star

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Polar Star

Cdr, 1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Polar Star

Knight

 

1

 

 

Wasa

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Wasa

2nd Cl

 

1

 

 

Wasa

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

Wasa

Cdr, 2nd Cl

 

 

 

 

Wasa

Knight, 1st Cl

 

2

 

Tunis

Nichan Iftikhar

 

1

 

 

 

Nichan Iftikhar

3rd Cl

9

2

 

 

Nichan Iftikhar

4th Cl

17

1

 

 

Nichan Iftikhar

5th Cl

8

1

 

 

Nichan Iftikhar

Knight, 1st Cl

9

 

 

Turkey

Medjidieh

1st Cl

5

2

 

 

Medjidieh

2nd Cl

7

5

 

 

Medjidieh

3rd Cl

10

5

 

 

Medjidieh

4th Cl

3

3

 

 

Osmanieh

1st Cl

1

2

 

 

Osmanieh

2nd Cl

4

3

 

 

Osmanieh

3rd Cl

3

6

 

 

Osmanieh

4th Cl

2

2

 

USA

Distinguished Service Cross

 

15

 

 

 

Distinguished Service Medal

 

180

 

 

 

Navy Cross

 

23

 

 

Venezuela

Bust of Bolivar

3rd Cl

 

1

 

Wurtemburg

Order of Frederick

Knight, 2nd Cl

 

1

 

Zanzibar

Brilliant Star

1st Cl

5

3

 

 

Brilliant Star

1st Cl, 2nd Grade

1

1

 

 

Brilliant Star

2nd Cl

5

15

 

 

Brilliant Star

2nd Cl, 3rd Grade

 

1

 

 

Brilliant Star

3rd Cl

11

16

 

 

Brilliant Star

4th Cl

1

5

 

 

Brilliant Star

5th Cl

 

6

 

 

El Aliyeh

1st Cl

1

2

 

 

El Aliyeh

2nd Cl

1

12

 

 

El Aliyeh

3rd Cl

1

8

 

 

El Aliyeh

4th Cl

1

14

 

 

Hamondieh

 

2

 

 

 

Hamondieh

1st Cl

1

2

 

 

Hamondieh

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

Hamondieh

3rd Cl

1

5

 

 

Hamondieh

4th Cl

 

9

 

 

Hamondieh

5th Cl

 

4

 


This includes the British Commonwealth.
Hope this helps
 
Peter
Edited by ForeignGong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimberley John Lindsay

Dear All,and Peter,

I rather liked the order of the Excellent Crop, 8th class…!

Kindest regards,

Kim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coldstreamer

if anyone knew I knew you would FG -  a comprehensive list 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
draperju
On 17/06/2020 at 20:20, Gardenerbill said:

Serbian Order of the White Eagle.

-Thank you for your help

Draperju

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
draperju
On 17/06/2020 at 20:50, Kimberley John Lindsay said:

Dear Draperju,

I left out the obvious ones for France and Belgium. The (etc.) refers to the various classes awarded...

For your (and others) interest, I attach the medals and Image (Punjab Light Horse, ca. 1910) 1348489466_CaptG.B.GoyderVD.JPG.ad6d8c3fdadc5328778d6db2f690cf20.JPG371770786_2LtGoyderPunjabLtHorseca1910.jpg.77fb6c67b704c2052ad1fd2a1805cb43.jpgof a gallant and capable officer (Capt G. B. Goyder, IARO and General List) who, for example, was awarded both French and Belgian decorations, in addition to have been Mentioned in Despatches twice (Asst Provost Marshal attd 36 Ulster Div). 

Kindest regards,

Kim.

Thank you for you reply Draperju

On 17/06/2020 at 20:55, topgun1918 said:

A reasonably comprehensive list -

 

Belgium: Ordre de Léopold, Ordre de la Couronne, Ordre de Léopold II, Decoration Militaire, Croix de Guerre

 

Egypt: Nishan al-Nil (Order of The Nile)

 

France: Légion d’Honneur, Médaille Militaire, Croix de Guerre, Médaille d’Honneur

 

Greece: Order of the Redeemer or Saviour (Τάγμα του Σωτήρος -Basilikon tagma toi soteros), Cross of Valour (Αριστείο Ανδρείας), Royal Order of George I (Βασιλικόν Τάγμα Γεωργίου Α' - Basilikon tagma toy Georgioy A), War Cross (or Greek Military Cross) - Πολεμικός Σταυρός, Medal for Military Merit

 

Italy: Ordine dei Santi Maurizio e Lazzaro, Ordine Militare di Savoia, Ordine della Corona d’Italia, Medaglie al Valor Militare, Croce di Guerra

 

Japan: The Order of the Rising Sun (men only), Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure

 

Jordan: Ouisam an Nahada (The Order of the Renaissance)

 

Montenegro: Order of Danilo I, Milosh Obilitch Medal, Military Bravery Medal

 

Panama: The Panamanian War Medal, La Solidaridad

 

Poland: Order of the White Eagle (Order Bialego Orla), Order of Saint Stanislaus/Order of Polonia Restituta, Order of Military Virtue (Virtuti Militari), The Cross of Valour, The Cross of Merit, The Cross of Merit for Bravery

 

Portugal: Miltary Order of Avis, Military Medal for Good Service

 

Romania: Order of the Crown of Romania, Order of the Star of Romania, Military Order of Michael the Brave, Cross for Military Bravery, Medal for Bravery and Loyalty

 

Russia: Order of St. Andrew, Order of St. Alexander Nevsky, Order of the White Eagle, Order of St. Anne, Order of St. Stanislaus, Order of St. George, Order of St. Vladimir

 

Serbia: The Order of the Karageorge Star, The Royal Order of Milos the Great, The Order of the White Eagle, The Order of St Sava, Obilich Medal for Bravery

 

Tunisia: The Order of Nichan Iftikhar or Nishan al-Iftikhar (the Order of Glory)

 

USA: Distinguished Service Cross, Distinguished Service Medal, Navy Cross

 

Graeme

Than you Graeme. This is just what I required. Best wishes Draperju

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
draperju
On 18/06/2020 at 10:00, ForeignGong said:

 Hi

This is what I have found in the London Gazette from 1914 - 1926 Sorry it hasn't come out properly but hopefully gives you an idea.

Country

Order or Decoration

Grade

Numbers traced

Remarks

Military

Civilian

Austria

Franz Joseph

Grand Cross

 

1

 

 

Franz Joseph

2nd Cl

3

 

 

 

Franz Joseph

Cdr

 

1

 

 

Franz Joseph

Officer

 

1

 

 

Franz Joseph

4th

 

8*

*1 as Comthur Cross

 

Franz Joseph

Knight

 

 

 

 

Iron Crown

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

Iron Crown

3rd Cl

 

2

 

Baden

Lion of Zahringen

Knight, 1st Cl

 

1

 

Belgian Congo

Crown

Cdr

 

1

 

Belgium

Arab campaign medal

 

 

1

 

 

Civic Cross

 

1

 

 

 

Civic Cross

1st Cl

7

 

 

 

Civic Cross

2nd Cl

6

 

 

 

Civic medal

 

3

 

 

 

Civic medal

1st Cl

5

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

 

4,685*

 

* 1 as Croix Militaire

 

Croix de Guerre

With palm

10

 

 

 

Crown

1st Cl

4

3

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

31

7

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

91

47

 

 

Crown

4th Cl

181

78

 

 

Crown

5th Cl

242

145

 

 

Crown

Gold medal

1

 

 

 

Decoration Militaire

 

424*

 

*3 as ‘Military Decoration of Merit’

 

Decoration Militaire

2nd Cl

36

 

 

To B – from both

Dec & CdG together

 

121

 

My Comment

 

King Albert’s Medal

 

12

 

 

 

Leopold

1st Cl

10

2

 

 

Leopold

2nd Cl

11

2

 

 

Leopold

2nd Cl with palm

2

 

 

 

Leopold

3rd Cl

64

20

 

 

Leopold

3rd Cl with palm

4

 

 

 

Leopold

3rd Cl with swords

1

 

 

 

Leopold

4th Cl

125

31

 

 

Leopold

4th Cl with palm

6

 

 

 

Leopold

5th Cl

169

39

 

 

Leopold

5th Cl with palm

9

 

 

 

Leopold

5th Cl with swords

2

 

 

 

Leopold II

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Leopold II

2nd Cl

 

3

 

 

Leopold II

3rd Cl

3

33

 

 

Leopold II

4th Cl

12

13

 

 

Leopold II

5th Cl

160

39

 

 

Leopold II

With palm

36

 

 

 

Leopold II

Gold medal

3

 

 

 

Leopold II

Silver medal

2

 

 

 

Lion

5th

 

1

 

 

Queen Elisabeth’s medal

 

25

 

 

 

Queen Elisabeth’s medal

with red cross

15

 

 

 

Star of Service

 

 

1

 

Bulgaria

St Alexander the Great

3rd Cl

1

 

 

Chile

Al Merito

1st Cl

1

 

 

 

Al Merito

2nd Cl

3

1

 

 

Al Merito

3rd Cl

1

 

 

China

Double Dragon

1st Cl, 2nd Grade

1

2

 

 

Double Dragon

Peacock’s feather & 1st Cl, 3rd Div

1

 

 

 

Double Dragon

1st Cl, 3rd Grade

1

34

 

 

Double Dragon

2nd Cl, 1st Grade

 

1

 

 

Double Dragon

2nd Cl, 2nd Grade

 

5

 

 

Double Dragon

2nd Cl, 3rd Grade

1

15

 

 

Double Dragon

3rd Cl, 1st Grade

 

7

 

 

Double Dragon

3rd Cl, 2nd Grade

 

13

 

 

Double Dragon

3rd Cl, 3rd Grade

1

21

 

 

Double Dragon

4th Cl

 

7

 

 

Double Dragon

5th Cl

 

3

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

1st Cl

1

4

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

Grand Cordon (Preciously Brilliant)

2

 

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

Grand Cordon

3

 

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

1st Ta Shou Pao Kuang

2

 

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

1st Cl with Grand Cordon

 

3*

*2 as 1st Cl with Grand Cordon & Jewels

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

2nd Cl

2

21

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

2nd Ta Shou Pao Kuang

3

 

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

2nd Cl with Grand Cordon

 

4*

*2 as 2nd Cl with Grand Cordon & Jewels

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

3rd Cl

1

63

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

4th Cl

1

69

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

5th Cl

4

76

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

6th Cl

1

58

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

7th Cl

 

21

 

 

Excellent Crop/ Chia Ho

8th Cl

 

7

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

1st Cl

10

1

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

2nd Cl

4

2

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

3rd Cl

9

3

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

4th Cl

38

17

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

5th Cl

76

21

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

6th Cl

 

12

 

 

Striped Tiger/ Wen Hu

7th Cl

 

1

 

Czechoslovakia

Croix de Guerre

 

23

 

 

Denmark

Dannebrog

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Dannebrog

Grand Cross

 

1

 

 

Dannebrog

2nd Cl

1

2

 

 

Dannebrog

Knight Cdr

1

 

 

 

Dannebrog

Cdr, 1st Cl

 

2

 

 

Dannebrog

Cdr, 2nd Cl

 

2

 

 

Dannebrog

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Dannebrog

5th Cl

 

2

 

 

Dannebrog

Knight

 

2

 

Egypt

El Kemal

1st Cl

 

2

 

 

Ismail

2nd Cl

1

1

 

 

Ismail

3rd Cl

1

9

 

 

Ismail

4th Cl

 

5

 

 

Mahommed Ali

1st Cl

1

 

 

 

Mahommed Ali

Gold medal

3

 

 

 

Medjidieh

 

1

 

 

 

Medjidieh

1st Cl

7

22

 

 

Medjidieh

2nd Cl

33

46

 

 

Medjidieh

3rd Cl

96

101

 

 

Medjidieh

4th Cl

182

110

 

 

Medjidieh

5th Cl

5

30

 

 

Nile

1st Cl

9

16

 

 

Nile

2nd Cl

51

46

 

 

Nile

3rd Cl

212

169

 

 

Nile

4th Cl

415

219

 

 

Nile

5th Cl

9

82

 

 

Osmanieh

1st Cl

2

7

 

 

Osmanieh

2nd Cl

12

20

 

 

Osmanieh

3rd Cl

40

47

 

 

Osmanieh

4th Cl

138

62

 

Ethiopia

Star

2nd Cl

5

1*

*with plaque

 

Star

3rd Cl

4

1

 

Finland

White Rose

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

White Rose

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

White Rose

Cdr, 1st Cl

 

2

 

France

Black Star

2nd Cl

 

1

 

 

Black Star

3rd Cl

5

2

 

 

Black Star

4th Cl

35

2

 

 

Black Star

5th Cl

16

2

 

 

Cambodia

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

 

5,322

2

 

 

Croix de Guerre

2nd award

19

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

3rd award

3

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with palm

137

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with two palms

1

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with silver gilt star

6

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with silver star

17

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with bronze star

17

 

 

 

Croix de Guerre

with star

3

 

 

 

Dragon of Annam

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Dragon of Annam

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Dragon of Annam

4th Cl

1

 

 

 

Epidemics medal

 

2

 

 

 

Epidemics medal

gold

8

 

 

 

Epidemics medal

silver gilt

33

1

 

 

Epidemics medal

silver

85

 

 

 

Epidemics medal

bronze

15

 

 

 

Legion of Honour

 

1

 

 

 

Legion of Honour

1st Cl

10

4

 

 

Legion of Honour

2nd Cl

53

5

 

 

Legion of Honour

3rd Cl

232

30

 

 

Legion of Honour

4th Cl

593

64

 

 

Legion of Honour

5th Cl

1,200

157

 

 

Legion of Honour

Cross

 

1

 

 

Medaille Militaire

 

1,519

1

 

 

Medal of Honour

silver gilt

1

 

 

 

Medal of Honour

silver

11

 

 

 

Medal of Honour

bronze

27

 

 

 

Medal of Honour with swords

silver gilt

158

 

 

 

Medal of Honour with swords

silver

329

 

 

 

Medal of Honour with swords

bronze

698

 

 

 

Merite Agricole

1st Cl

11

 

 

 

Merite Agricole

2nd Cl

52

1

 

 

Merite Agricole

3rd Cl

152

 

 

 

Ministry of Foreign Affairs medal

silver

2

 

 

 

Palmes Universitaires

1st Cl

3

5

 

 

Palmes Universitaires

2nd Cl

22

23

 

 

Public Assistance medal

silver

15

 

 

 

Public Assistance medal

bronze

10

 

 

 

Reconnaissance medal

 

1

 

 

 

Reconnaissance medal

2nd Cl (silver)

16

 

 

 

Reconnaissance medal

3rd Cl (bronze)

29

 

 

Greece

Cross of Military Merit

 

2

 

 

 

George I

Grand Cdr

4

3

 

 

George I

Cdr

15

10

 

 

George I

Officer

29

5

 

 

George I

Knight

25

8

 

 

George I

Medal

2

 

 

 

George I

Medal, 1st Cl, silver

3

 

 

 

George I

Medal, 2nd Cl

13

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

 

26

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

1st Cl

8

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

2nd Cl

15

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

2nd Cl with silver palm

1

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

3rd Cl

67

 

 

 

Medal for Military Merit

4th Cl

95

 

 

 

Military Cross

 

63

 

 

 

Military Cross

2nd Cl

44

 

 

 

Military Cross

3rd Cl

104

 

 

 

Military Medal

 

1

 

 

 

Military Medal

3rd Cl

4

 

 

 

Redeemer

 

 

1

 

 

Redeemer

1st Cl

10

 

 

 

Redeemer

Grand Cdr

4

 

 

 

Redeemer

2nd Cl

27

 

 

 

Redeemer

3rd Cl

61

10

 

 

Redeemer

4th Cl

101

25

 

 

Redeemer

5th Cl

119

18

 

 

Redeemer

Silver cross

1

 

 

 

War Medal

silver

2

 

 

Hedjaz

El Nahda

With brilliants

1

 

 

 

El Nahda

1st Cl

6

 

 

 

El Nahda

2nd Cl

18

 

 

 

El Nahda

3rd Cl

26

4

 

 

El Nahda

4th Cl

47

2

 

Hesse

Merit Order of Philip the Magnanimous

Cross of Honour

 

1

 

Italy

“al merito della sanita Publica”

Silver medal

2

 

 

 

Al Valore Militare

silver

366

 

 

 

Al Valore Militare

bronze

954

3

 

 

Crown

1st Cl

7

6

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

30

11

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

131

62

 

 

Crown

4th Cl

109

72

 

 

Crown

5th Cl

229

100

 

 

Crown

Cross

 

1

 

 

Libyan medal

 

12

 

 

 

Medal della salute publica

silver

6

 

 

 

Medal della salute publica

bronze

3

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

1st Cl

1

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

2nd Cl

3

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

3rd Cl

6

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

4th Cl

14

 

 

 

Military Order of Savoy

5th Cl

17

 

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

1st Cl

6

 

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

2nd Cl

15

1

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

3rd Cl

67

8

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

4th Cl

119

10

 

 

St Maurice & St Lazarus

5th Cl

121

5

 

 

War Cross

 

753

 

 

Japan

Constitution medal

 

 

1

 

 

Crown

6th Cl

 

1

 

 

Mirror

5th Cl

 

1

 

 

Paulownia Sun

 

9*

 

*4 as Rising Sun, Grand Cordon with Paulownia

 

Rising Sun

1st Cl

23

3

 

 

Rising Sun

2nd Cl

53

12*

*1 with double rays

 

Rising Sun

3rd Cl

85

18

 

 

Rising Sun

4th Cl

41

24*

*1 as 4th Cl, Small Cordon

 

Rising Sun

5th Cl

21

31

 

 

Rising Sun

6th Cl

5

16

 

 

Rising Sun

7th C

8

 

 

 

Rising Sun

8th Cl

13

 

 

 

Sacred Treasure

 

1

 

 

 

Sacred Treasure

1st Cl

26

6

 

 

Sacred Treasure

2nd Cl

21

12

 

 

Sacred Treasure

3rd Cl

64

20

 

 

Sacred Treasure

4th Cl

11

18

 

 

Sacred Treasure

5th Cl

9

8

 

 

Sacred Treasure

6th Cl

6

7

 

 

Sacred Treasure

7th C

4

 

 

 

Silver Wedding medal

 

 

1

 

Johore

Crown

1st Cl

 

2

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

 

2

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

 

2

 

Korea

Pal Kuei

2nd Cl

 

2

 

 

Pal Kuei

3rd Cl

 

2

 

 

Pal Kuei

4th Cl

 

3

 

 

Pal Kuei

5th Cl

 

1

 

 

Pal Kuei

6th Cl

 

2

 

 

Tai Keuk

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Tai Keuk

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Tai Keuk

4th Cl

 

2

 

 

Tai Keuk

5th Cl

 

2

 

Liberia

African Redemption

Knight Cdr

1

5

 

 

African Redemption

Knight Official

 

1

 

Luxemburg

Oaken Crown

4th Cl

 

1

 

Monaco

St Charles

3rd Cl

 

1

 

Montenegro

Danilo

1st Cl

3

 

 

 

Danilo

2nd Cl

6

 

 

 

Danilo

3rd Cl

10

2

 

 

Danilo

4th Cl

12

1

 

 

Danilo

5th Cl

6

 

 

 

Obilitch medal/ Medal for Bravery

gold

3

 

 

 

Obilitch medal/ Medal for Bravery

silver

22

 

 

 

Medal for Merit

gold

5

 

 

 

Medal for Merit

silver

15

 

 

Morocco

Hafidian Decoration

5th

2

 

 

 

Hafidian Order

Cdr

2

 

 

 

Ouissam Alaouite

3rd Cl

2

1

 

 

Ouissam Alaouite

4th Cl

4

4

 

 

Ouissam Alaouite

5th Cl

1

 

 

Netherlands

Orange Nassau

 

 

1

 

 

Orange Nassau

1st Cl

 

2

 

 

Orange Nassau

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Orange Nassau

4th Cl

 

2

 

 

Orange Nassau

5th Cl

 

7

 

Norway

St Olaf

1st Cl

1

3

 

 

St Olaf

2nd Cl

1

1

 

 

St Olaf

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

St Olaf

Knight

1

 

 

 

St Olaf

Knight, 1st Cl

 

4

 

 

St Olaf

Knight, 2nd Cl

 

2

 

Panama

La Solidaridad medal

1st Cl, gold

1

 

 

 

La Solidaridad medal

2nd Cl with rosette

4

 

 

 

La Solidaridad medal

3rd Cl

55

 

 

Persia

Lion & Sun

1st Cl

1

2

 

 

Lion & Sun

2nd Cl

1

5

 

 

Lion & Sun

3rd Cl

4

4

 

 

Lion & Sun

4th Cl

 

1

 

Poland

Polonia Restituta

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Polonia Restituta

Cdr

 

1

 

 

Polonia Restituta

4th Cl

1

 

 

Portugal

Aviz

1st Cl

9

 

 

 

Aviz

2nd Cl

25

 

 

 

Aviz

3rd Cl

34

 

 

 

Aviz

4th Cl

19

 

 

 

Aviz

5th Cl

22

 

 

 

Aviz

Grand Officer

30

 

 

 

Aviz

Cdr

74

 

 

 

Aviz

Officer

7

 

 

 

Aviz

Knight

97

 

 

 

Aviz

Cross

1

 

 

 

Christ

 

1

 

 

 

Christ

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

Christ

4th Cl

6

6

 

 

Christ

5th Cl

 

15

 

 

Christ

Grand Cross

1

1

 

 

Christ

Grand Officer

9

 

 

 

Christ

Cdr

6

3

 

 

Christ

Knight Cdr

1

 

 

 

Christ

Officer

9

4

 

 

Christ

Knight

24

2

 

 

Military Medal for Good Service

Copper

102

 

 

 

Nossa Senhora de Conceiçao de Villa Viçosa

Cdr

 

2

 

 

Nossa Senhora de Conceiçao de Villa Viçosa

Knight

 

2

 

 

Red Cross medal

2nd Cl

3

 

 

 

Red Cross medal

3rd Cl

1

 

 

 

Red Cross medal

Benemerencia

1

 

 

 

Red Cross medal

Cruz vermelha de Merito, 3rd Cl

2

 

 

 

St Thiago

Cdr

 

1

 

 

St Thiago

Knight

1

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

2nd Cl

3

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

3rd Cl

4

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

4th Cl

1

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

Grand Cross

1

 

 

 

Tower & Sword

Officer

1

 

 

 

War Cross

2nd Cl

2

 

 

 

War Cross

3rd Cl

4

 

 

 

War Cross

4th Cl

1

 

 

Prussia

Black Eagle

 

1

 

 

 

Crown

star

1

 

 

 

Crown

1st Cl

 

1

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

 

2

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl with star

 

1

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

 

3

 

 

Crown

4th Cl

 

5

 

 

Red Eagle

2nd Cl

1

 

 

 

Red Eagle

2nd Cl with star

1

 

 

 

Red Eagle

3rd Cl

 

1

 

 

Red Eagle

4th Cl

 

13

 

 

Special Service Cross

 

 

1

 

 

Universal Badge of Honour

 

 

1

 

Roumania

Barbatie si Credinta

1st Cl

48

 

 

 

Barbatie si Credinta

2nd Cl

81

 

 

 

Barbatie si Credinta

2nd Cl with swords

15

 

 

 

Barbatie si Credinta

3rd Cl

157

 

 

 

Barbatie si Credinta

3rd Cl with swords

5

 

 

 

Carol I

Cdr

1

 

 

 

Cross for Good Service

1st Cl

4

 

 

 

Cross for Good Service

2nd Cl

4

 

 

 

Cross of Military Virtue

1st Cl

27

 

 

 

Cross of Military Virtue

2nd Cl

107

 

 

 

Crown

1st Cl

5

 

 

 

Crown

1st Cl with swords

1

 

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl

12

3

 

 

Crown

2nd Cl with swords

1

 

 

 

Crown

Grand Cross

 

2

 

 

Crown

3rd Cl

22

14

 

 

Crown