Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cecil Maurice Burden, RFA, XXIII Brigade, but which battery?

SgtPrice

Dear Forum Pals,

I am researching Dvr/Sdlr Cecil Maurice Burden, 59494, who served with XXIII Artillery Brigade and was a member of the BEF. The brigade consisted 107, 108, and 109 batteries. I have done the basic searches on Ancestry can found his MIC etc. However I would be really interested in knowing which battery he served with. Do any of you know if it is possible to identify which one? ANy help would be really appreciated. 

regards,

PrivatePrice.

Private Price,

You had this old thread that gave you 108 Bty in 1911 Census, although does not mean same Bty 1914. There is also his entry in RA Attestations Ledger (won't give Battery)  Did you contact Ministry of Defence in case they hold his Service File ?

Charlie

Charlie,

Many thanks for this. I had forgotten about this thread as I have been busy looking at other parts of the BEF. Now that I have had some more time on my hands I have been looking at Cecil again. I have checked with the MOD and they do not have any additional info on him but at least I do know he was with 108 battery in 1911 although there is the chance he might have transferred to one of the other batteries during the war.  

regards,

Stuart.