Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

joerob

22713 Charles G Reader

joerob

Hello

When I try to find a record of any memorial to Private 22713 Charles G Reader who died 26 May 1916 while serving with 2nd Batt KOYLI  they don't exist.

I can find His grave in Authville  cemetery France, but cant find him listed on any local Remembrance memorials where he was born or lived and he is not recorded in National Roll of the Great War and I cant find him at the KOYLI museum website.  I have tried Gateshead and Newcastle councils without any success.

Are all WW1 deaths remembered on a memorial ? can you suggest anywhere else I could try.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

ss002d6252
7 minutes ago, joerob said:

Hello

When I try to find a record of any memorial to Private 22713 Charles G Reader who died 26 May 1916 while serving with 2nd Batt KOYLI  they don't exist.

I can find His grave in Authville  cemetery France, but cant find him listed on any local Remembrance memorials where he was born or lived and he is not recorded in National Roll of the Great War and I cant find him at the KOYLI museum website.  I have tried Gateshead and Newcastle councils without any success.

Are all WW1 deaths remembered on a memorial ? can you suggest anywhere else I could try.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

I've moved this post to a more appropriate section (otherwise it would get deleted after 30 days).

Craig

ss002d6252

People had to be added to memorials, they weren't an automatic thing. Local communities, organisations etc would decide whether they wanted a memorial and who would be listed on it.

The National Roll is far from complete - I believe a person had to submit a man for remembrance in it.

Was he from Elswick ? - http://www.newmp.org.uk/detail.php?contentId=11722

Craig

joerob

Thank you Craig 

ss002d6252

As his pension record (see other thread ) shows Elswick I think that must be him in the link I posted above.

Craig

joerob

Thanks again Craig cant believe your response I have been trying for weeks to get information on it, I see it closed in 1968, but I will contact the link on the site to see if its whereabouts are know.