Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Army Service Corps Private George Ezra Sparkes

Sparky660

31 minutes ago, Darren Stevens said:

There is a very strong DNA match to me with the son of someone born 1921 in India, hence the reason i think he was in India.

Now that is a new line of research and it will be very interesting to hear if you absolutely confirm the match !

Ahhh thank you, did you search leicestershire school records?? for that date as i haven't seen it anywhere in my research except in the 1939 which is 2 years out 2/8/1891 and his birth certificate which i purchased

1 minute ago, Darren Stevens said:

did you search leicestershire school records

Find myPast, just search all records for George Ezra Sparkes and it is one of the few records that turn up with his full name and sensible date.

Just now, charlie962 said:

Find myPast, just search all records for George Ezra Sparkes and it is one of the few records that turn up with his full name and sensible date.

Ahh many thanks, i'm only subscribed to Ancestry but do need to subscribe to FMP as they have the military records (regiment number each side of George that have survived) i need to see as well

21 hours ago, charlie962 said:

Now that is a new line of research and it will be very interesting to hear if you absolutely confirm the match !

Still trying to 100% work out the relationship link but for someone born in Leicestershire (George) without any links to India and someone born 1921 in India with family from India (and not been to UK) and a DNA match of 953cM i'm pretty sure George Sparkes was in India in 1920 and left a memento there!!