Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Standing Orders QAIMNS 1903

williywonker

Does anyone have an idea where I might locate the Standing Orders for Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service 1903 please?

Mal

Standing orders for the Royal Army Medical Corps and Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service ... 1903-

Also: Regulations for admission to the Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service. (Issued with Army Orders dated 1st August, 1904.).

Both are in the National Library of Scotland (NLS), which may have digitised them, although if they have the results are not on archive.org.

I haven't been able to trace a paper copy elsewhere - which doesn't mean that the copyright deposit libraries definitely don't have them, but that they may have slipped through the cataloguing net. The Regulations are only 13 pages long and the Standing Orders may, possibly, not be much bigger. So it may be worth contacting NLS in case someone is prepared to scan the relevant parts for you, eventually. https://www.nls.uk/

sJ

The archives of the Museum of Military Medicine at Keogh Barracks, Mytchett, Aldershot might be worth checking.

Many thanks Sea Jane and Sepoy. Will let you know how I get on.

Mal

Hi Everyone,

Just to confirm that I followed up Sea Jane's advice, and can confirm the National Library of Scotland hold copied of the Standing Orders.

These are not digitised, but I understand paper copies can be obtained for a fee once the lockdown is over and the library reopens

Many thanks again for your help.

Mal.

Glad to hear it; hope you don't have to wait too long.