Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

W.A.H

Ali_Herron

I hope someone will be able to help me.  I have recently discovered that my great granddad John William Windsor, who was a Driver in the 155th Brigade of the RFA was injured in the November of 1917.  As a result he received a war pension and on the index card under the disabilities section is the abbreviation W.A.H.  Is anyone able to tell me what this stands for.  

Many thanks in advance.

Are you sure it isn't D.A.H. (Disorderly Action of the Heart)?

BillyH.

• Admin

Welcome to th the forum. Can you post ( acknowledging the source as per forum rules please) the documents? I can think of DAH which is disordered action of the heart, but not WAH 

Michelle

VDH is another possibility, Valvular Disease of the Heart.

Thank you all for such quick responses, what a fantastic forum.  I have revisited the source document and I think it could actually be D.A.H. but you will see why I initially thought it was a 'W'484391371_PensionSnip.JPG.69b408d44ac195b18cc3f857ddbadaa4.JPG

• Admin

Definitely DAH. 

Definitely a 'D' that looks like a 'W'  :thumbsup:

He was later in the Army Service Corps.

BillyH.

Thank you very much Billy H.  I downloaded this earlier this week, along with  the earlier 1915 to February 1917 but did have to pay for both unfortunately, I must have missed a code somewhere but not to worry.  I am this afternoon starting to track his journey through France so it is good to know that if I come across anything I don't understand or I'm not sure about, I can come to this forum for help and advice.  

Thank you again

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Ali_Herron said:

Thank you very much Billy H.  I downloaded this earlier this week, along with  the earlier 1915 to February 1917 but did have to pay for both unfortunately, I must have missed a code somewhere but not to worry.  I am this afternoon starting to track his journey through France so it is good to know that if I come across anything I don't understand or I'm not sure about, I can come to this forum for help and advice.  

Thank you again

You just need to register - then they are free, at the moment...