Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Coldstream Gds records now on line FMP

Coldstreamer

Just found on FMP the Coldstream Guards discharge records on FMP  - they are post war but essential in finding details on men who served during the war and got a new number as without finding papers is near impossible

I had no idea these where online  - found by chance looking for something else to answer a forum members question

Also found plenty pre war and during too

wonder what else is there...

Edited by Coldstreamer

also the enlistment ledgers post war - again useful looking up those who reenlisted after the war

On 06/05/2020 at 17:04, Coldstreamer said:

Just found on FMP the Coldstream Guards discharge records on FMP  - they are post war but essential in finding details on men who served during the war and got a new number as without finding papers is near impossible

I had no idea these where online  - found by chance looking for something else to answer a forum members question

Also found plenty pre war and during too

wonder what else is there...

These records seem to have been added to the dataset British Army Service Records

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/british-army-service-records

The description says 

"Coldstream Guards 1800-1947 This set has been made available by The Coldstream Guards Charitable Fund. It comprises of many different regimental history records including Discharge Books, Courts Martial Book, Decorations and Rewards and Officers' Statements of Services".

As Coldstreamer has noted the enlistment registers are also available on FMP, presumably they would also be in included in the same dataset British Army Service Records

These records do NOT appear in the description of the database  "British Army Service Records Image Browse" at time of writing. However there is a possibility they may be added at a later time, as I think the Scots Guards records were not originally in the Browse database, but are now available there.

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/british-army-service-records-image-browse

Cheers

Maureen

Edited by Maureene

Looks like they were added January

"Over 2,000 new Scots Guards service records have just been added to our collection of British Army Service records. These include records of Scots Guards officers, available exclusively on Findmypast and never before published, who enlisted with this prestigious regiment of foot guards between 1642 and 1939."

Mike

Im yet to search for officers stuff - cleared up quite a few anomalies already with the data now available  - much quicker than going through the old files but I do miss my trips to London

It's good they've turned up online now.

Derek,

Not found everything that was at rhq but guess work has stopped at moment. 

Some of the dcm details give how presented by whom and where.

• 7 months later...

are the coldstream archives still on FMP - everything comes up blank when searching ??

cheers

yes. I must be using an old link as this works fine

cheers pal