Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kings Liverpool Regiment: Portrait Photo Lookup Offer.

Promenade

On 06/05/2020 at 13:20, Promenade said:

Hello Graham,

Had a look and unfortunately no trace of any of the three sorry.

You may be aware that there is a write up of Pte Birch in the book 'A Singular Day on the Somme - the casualties of the Liverpool Pals 1 July 1916' but sadly no photo.

Promenade

That's a real shame - thanks for looking

Graham

Hello Promenade,

I hope it’s not too late to ask but I’ve done some research on the following soldier and I was wondering if you might have a photo of him.

Private Frederick Bigley, 1/5th Battalion the King’s Liverpool Regiment, Service N°’s 3888 & 201497

He was born Frederick Moyles Bigley on the 21st October 1896 in Liverpool to parents Frederick Richard William Bigley and Mary Eliza Ritson.  By the time of the 1911 census, the family were living in N° 29 Ruskin Street in the Kirkdale area of Liverpool. He enlisted sometime in 1915 into the King’s Liverpool Regiment.  He lost his life along with 2nd Lieut W.J Shield on the 2nd March 1917 during a raid on the German trenches.  They were the only two who failed to return from the raid and were listed as “Missing” but it was later accepted that they had died during the raid.

Many thanks in advance.

George

• 7 months later...

The reason I closed down this offer is that I have returned all of my research to off-site storage - which is a pain to get at - further complicated by Covid restrictions.

Please do not make any requests on this thread (which hopefully will be locked) or send me a PM as I am very unlikely to reply.

Promenade

• ss002d6252 locked this topic