Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help on CWGC Grave Registration Report Form

GJW

Hi,

John Reilly, RFA, Service Number: 100929

Can anyone let me know what the letters stand for in the columns after date of death? I can find little on this soldier only Medal Card - Roll. PR Card and Gratuity. All help appreciated.

Thank you 

Gerard

Grave Registration Report Form.jpg

It is very hard for me to read.Can you post a link to it?

Yes indeed Charlie

His entry from the publication Soldiers Died in the Great War adds just the place of enlistment

Name:John Reilly

Birth Place:Athy, Co. Clare

Death Date:6 May 1918

Death Place:Home

Enlistment Place:Naas, Clare

Regiment:Royal Horse Artillery and Royal Field Artillery

Regimental Number:100920

Type of Casualty:Died

Theatre of War:Home

Royal Artillery Attestations 1883-1942 are on find my past if you havn't already looked.

Thank you Travers. I have pretty much all of that currently. I have looked on FMP but did not find his attestation  on there. Did I miss a trick? 

Gerard 

I had not looked for it as don't subscribe to FMP,  just remembered they were on there.

I also checked these with no luck, British Newspaper archives index, wills of Irish Soldiers who died serving with the british army, soldiers wills at the PRO

31 minutes ago, GJW said:

Thank you Travers. I have pretty much all of that currently. I have looked on FMP but did not find his attestation  on there. Did I miss a trick? 

Gerard 

He had 32 months service at the time of death according to the war gratuity that was paid. Means he joined up in the month from 9 September 1915

Craig

5 hours ago, travers61 said:

I had not looked for it as don't subscribe to FMP,  just remembered they were on there.

I also checked these with no luck, British Newspaper archives index, wills of Irish Soldiers who died serving with the british army, soldiers wills at the PRO

I found them on FMP - Lots of John Reilly's but none for my man. Typical. Thank you for the heads up on that though. 

4 hours ago, ss002d6252 said:

He had 32 months service at the time of death according to the war gratuity that was paid. Means he joined up in the month from 9 September 1915

Craig

Cheers Craig - a school day for me on that one.