Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The third battles of Ypres

Bob Davies

Looking for other things I came across these pictures, some I have never seen before , others are quite common in WW1 literature. Have a scroll down. Regards, Bob.   https://www.abc.net.au/ww1-anzac/passchendaele/galleries/

Dnt seem able to get into that can you make it a link please? 

40 minutes ago, WhiteStarLine said:

Well worth viewing.  Either copy the URL and paste into your browser or click this direct link.

Thank you WhiteStarLine :-)

:thumbsup:

Fascinating! Thanks.

Thanks for the link Bob, that's an excellent and very informative website.

Incredible  ,some of those photographs. 

The humour is not  lost on the British...a lot different  now but its the humour keeping most of us going  at the moment. 

Thankyou 

Thanks Bob, brilliant. As you say, some are familiar, some less so, but there is some additional information on several and the combination with the Wipers Times is fascinating.

Pete.

Brilliant pics!! 

M.

Excellent. I think its the first time Ive seen photos around Broodseinde taken the very day after my Grandfather became a casualty. It confirms my knowledge of the appalling conditions in early October and its hard to believe any casualties survived. I'd like to show the images to my father (92yr old) but 77years after his dads death (aged 47) the subject is still very raw for him. I lent him a copy of "to fight alongside friends" which details the war for the 22nd Manchesters until 1/7/16 (when Capt May was killed at Mametz) but in 2 yrs he hasn't brought himself to open it yet, in some ways hes a surviving ww1 victim having lost his father when only a child himself.

Simon