Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fabulous Warship drawings

Muerrisch

Thanks, just ordered 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish the later volumes where reduced!

Mine just arrived in a ludicrously huge box, about 2 feet square and nearly a foot deep. I filled a 50 litre bin liner with the sticky plastic peanuts and yard or two of bubblewrap used to pack it.

Gak.

Then the book under the sofa for a few days, for the viruses to die off.

which one or ones? I am on a page a day, I love monitors, such strange ships, successors to the Bomb vessels [mortars] of Nelson's day.

1 hour ago, Muerrisch said:

which one or ones? I am on a page a day, I love monitors, such strange ships, successors to the Bomb vessels [mortars] of Nelson's day.

Capital ships to start with!

Monitors always seem so grossly underpowered that I wondered how they ever got to wherever they were supposed to be in anything more than a flat calm?

:huh::rolleyes:

I am persuaded by such enthusiasm Mr G and have crossed Naval and Military's palm with cyber silver for the capital ships volume. I might go crazy and get the one with the monitors; I too have a soft spot for them. My friend Eric served on HMS Abercrombie (or HMS Roberts, one of the two) during his national service and tells a good tale or two. I hope he is ok during the current crisis as he is an old sea dog these days. Fingers crossed.

Pete.

These are startling works of draughtsmanship, and a monument to a lifetime''s obsession. I am lucky to be allowed to use the dining room table, and indulge a page a day. The man's handwriting is NOT his forte. I tend to have Google open and cross-refer to the photos and descriptions therein.

1 hour ago, Muerrisch said:

The man's handwriting is NOT his forte.

Nor mine; I will not be able to take up the moral high ground. Using a pen about once a quarter means my handwriting has regressed to childhood (as has much else besides I suspect). But I can touch type and the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog can still put drivel onto the page with alacrity. I'm really looking forward to the huge parcel arriving; I'm reasonably sure I'll be in to receive it. I think there is a dining room table somewhere under all the books and paper; I've got plenty of time to look in anticipation.

Thanks again for the top tip Mr G,

Pete.

They are glorious works, I have the first 4 and hope the last 3 come down in price.

47 minutes ago, MartH said:

They are glorious works, I have the first 4 and hope the last 3 come down in price.

Thanks Mart, the anticipation is building; however not to such a level that I've tidied up the table.....